Question Windows 10 no longer booting, no idea what’s going on.

teamtubbykiller

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Hello everybody,
Recently I turned on my computer and it got stuck loading windows, I was never able to reach my log in screen. Now it just instantly boots with the automatic repair, and it loads the repair options. I’ve tried commands, I’ve tried repair. I do not have restore points, or backup unfortunately. I tried to load the safe mode but when I press the restart, is reboots onto the automatic repair once again. I finally tried to simply reset my computer and even that is failing. I have no idea what to do and I really need help, I appreciate it!

magmgarcia

Prominent
Nov 9, 2018
have you tried to boot with a live cd? in order to know if the hardware is wrong. You have to download an iso of the live cd, for example, Knoppix or Hiren boot then you mount the iso image in a CD, DVD or USB, on the internet, there's a lot of tutorials, you boot with the live cd and if it works well( you have to prove office, browser, etc) that means the hardware has the issue,

how long is your computer?

Feb 14, 2019
I've done clean installs and only installing Windows and keeping my files, neither mattered. For me the issue popped up after installing one of the recent Nvidia graphics drivers, that combined with a Windows Update I believe. I've tried reinstalling Windows and letting it download the driver automatically, and the other way around where I disable the auto update driver and pull the driver manually from the Nvidia website, the black screen always came back.

teamtubbykiller

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
I've done clean installs and only installing Windows and keeping my files, neither mattered. For me the issue popped up after installing one of the recent Nvidia graphics drivers, that combined with a Windows Update I believe. I've tried reinstalling Windows and letting it download the driver automatically, and the other way around where I disable the auto update driver and pull the driver manually from the Nvidia website, the black screen always came back.
How were you able to simply get past the black screen to try everything? I’ve had no luck getting to the log in screen! What’s the update on your computer is it completely useless now?

Feb 14, 2019
How were you able to simply get past the black screen to try everything? I’ve had no luck getting to the log in screen! What’s the update on your computer is it completely useless now?
The black screen with the spinning circle lasts for 20 minutes sometimes up to 3 hours (every time I restart the PC.) At this point I've just made it a habit not to restart my PC when I can avoid it. If I shut down the PC and leave it a while, say, overnight, and turn it back on I don't get the issue. If I shut down the PC and turn it back on in quick succession the issue reappears.