Windows 10 no longer successfully boots.

Harb0

Reputable
Jan 15, 2016
Hey!

A few days ago, I was on Skype with my friends when my computer suddenly stopped responding. The mouse had not froze, and I could still talk and hear my friends over Skype, but I could not click anything, so I simply thought that something had caused all my programs to crash at once. I tried restarting the computer, and everything worked fine up until Windows started loading. I came as far as the spinning loading circle that shows up early during booting Windows, and suddenly the screen turned black and the monitor lost the signal. At that point, I had made the conclusion that something was up with my GPU, so I decided to take it out and try launching only with the motherboard, but this had no different results, except that the monitor no longer lost its signal, it just stayed black or a darker shade of gray. I tried booting in several different safe modes, but none showed other results than the situation explained above.

At this point I was mildly annoyed, and thought something might be wrong with the OS, and decided to try to clean the entire computer, as I have nothing of much value on it, as it is mostly used for gaming. It is also worth mentioning that I tried diagnosing the computer without much results through the repair system, and I also had no backup, which I should probably start doing whenever I can get this thing work again. Reinstalling started, and I came to an unknown percentage before the system suddenly told me that it could not reinstall the OS, as an error had occured. This leads me to believe that there is a problem with the hardware, but diagnosing which part is pretty much out of my league, and I would really appreciate some help from you guys! If you have further questions regarding the computer in terms of parts, I'll see if I can get them. And feel free to ask if there is anything else you need to know, and I'll be here to inform you. Thanks in advance!

Harb0

Reputable
Jan 15, 2016

Checked both my SSD where Windows is installed and my HDD by replugging everything and making sure the cables were where they were supposed to be. Is there anything else I can do?

TRENDING THREADS