Question Windows 10 no longer using PIN or showing Internet Connection

Aug 15, 2019
I was forced into an update last night. When I booted up this morning the log in windows says "Something happened and your pin is not available" when I try to reset the pin it does nothing. It wont accept my password either.

Where the internet connection icon is it's just a globe with a Circle with a line through it and when I click on it the window that opens only shows Airplane mode but I cant click it on or off.

Everything I try to do with recovery needs a password that it wont take.

Any thoughts? Or should I just make a bootable usb and reinstall?

First, while your pin number may not be available, there is usually a choice of using your Windows Hotmail password. You can also try booting to the logon screen hold down the shift button and click the restart button (you may get a warning, ignore it). This will get you int the recovery WinPE mode. Chose troubleshooting and there is an option to uninstall an update and other possible fixes and or repairs.

Aug 15, 2019
Yeah I've tried the password and it wont take it. I even logged into my Microsoft account and changed the password. I actually think my problem is because of my ASUS motherboard internet control drivers getting dismantled by this stupid forced update so I cant get internet access.

The icon is just a globe with a Circle and line through it and nothing but airplane mode showing. Is there a way to reinstall the drivers without logging in because if not I think I'm going to have to just try and do a clean install

Aug 15, 2019
Yeah I had to bc the pin wasnt working. I tried uninstalling through the shift+restart but it asks me for the password to proceed after selecting that option.