[SOLVED] Windows 10 No Video After Fresh Install

Corn Philips

Reputable
Sep 7, 2015
I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my M.2 NVMe SSD using a Windows 10 1809 ISO. I am able to make it through the install process perfectly but as soon as it comes to loading into Windows, the monitor loses signal.

I've done multiple clean installations using 1809 and 1909 ISOs, reset BIOS, CSM on and off; nothing works. The first time I installed, I was able to use Windows for a few minutes before the screen went blank. Every attempt after that wouldn't even make it into Windows.

I don't think it's a GPU issue since the BIOS and Windows installs work great. I'm thinking it's my SSD. This issue started when I was playing a game and the game crashed and Windows was unresponsive (although a Discord call still worked). After a restart, Windows refused to boot.

Specs:
Ryzen 2600x
ASRock B450M Pro4 (yes I'm using the Ultra M.2 Slot)
GTX 780 Ti
Sabrent 256GB NVMe SSD

Thanks for any help

Solution
We're on 1909 for Windows 10. In fact you should be using Windows Media Creation Tools to create your bootable installer for Windows 10.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Also, are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
We're on 1909 for Windows 10. In fact you should be using Windows Media Creation Tools to create your bootable installer for Windows 10.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Also, are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard?

Solution

Corn Philips

Reputable
Sep 7, 2015

Thanks. I'm going to try today with a different flash drive and the official Media Creation Tool.

Also BIOS I'm almost certain I'm not on the latest and the PSU is a 4-year-old EVGA 600w Bronze. Neither of these have exhibited issues before.

TRENDING THREADS