Question Windows 10 not booting

Feb 23, 2020
Hi I have ryzen 7 3800x asus-prime x470 2070 super with windows not booting when booted it shows a black screen with only a curser and constantly loading and i have tried unlocking it and unlock my pc with ctrl- alt- del and even tried to reseting the pc to have it still blank with curser and am desperate for a answer and left it to sleep last night and possibly a sibling messed with it or something but have tried updating bios as well as using a restore point and it says that it cannot perform and to try another time and I’m stuck and need help cannot use my computer any help is appreciated

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2020
Alright I will try but it goes past the Asus screen I can check my bios and stufff and boot windows until it finishes loading than it just is black with my curser and I can move it and stuff just can’t do anything or at least see I’m not sure

Feb 23, 2020
I can move my curser after the window logo comes up and begins loading than boots up instead of the main screen popping up it’s just a black screen I touch my keyboard and I can move my curser as though it booted and even after going into advanced settings by restarting pc 3 times was able to reset pc and kept my personnel files in hope of solving it but the exact same thing occurred and in need of help and thank you for the help very much appreciated and would like to get my pc working again

Feb 23, 2020
I have restarted it and my curser was on screen but nothing else no safe mode but will be trying those two options and I have tried uninstalling update before resetting my computer but was neat with an error until I decided to try to reset it but after reset have not tried so hoping for better results

Feb 23, 2020
No it’s not the bios screen I can press f2 or del to get to bios than windows begins than after loading and I’m put into windows where I’d swipe up than type my password is black with only my curser on screen

So it doesn't look like a reset is enough, so i would do a clean install. If the clean install odesn't do it, than it's most likely a hardware issue. I would first try to boot with one stick of RAM. If that fails, it could be a power supply or hard drive; it could actually be anything, but I would star with usual suspects..