Windows 10 Not Completing Install

MonsterThomas3

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I've been having trouble with my PC and decided to buy an SSD to replace my HDD and do a clean install of Windows 10. I can get to my bios and then I then install from a USB. The install process gets through set up but as soon as it has to do its first reboot it starts having problems. When I try and boot from my SSD after it tries to "Get the Device Ready" and then when it gets to 100% i get a blue screen error that has varied from IRQL Less or Not Equal Error and many others. I cannot decipher if this is a hardware or software issue and ahve tried this on HDDs and SSDs. The error that seems to be happening most is system_thread_exception_not_handled. I'm trying to install windows 7 because I have more experience with that OS and when it boots the set up it says that a cd/dvd driver is missing and wont find my harddrive. If this is a driver issue which I think is most likely, how do I correct this? Help pls...

SanDisk 120GB SSD
2 WD 1 TB HDD
MSI Gaming 970 AMD
16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600ghz
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6ghz
2 Radeon R9 270x Double D Black Edition 2GB
1000W Rosewill PSU

Lutfij

Titan
When installing Windows 10 it is suggested that you have the bare minimum's attached to your system i.e only the drive on which you are going to boot your OS from/install onto and in this case it is your SSD & make sure it is connected to the first SATA port off your motherboard.

But now that you're on Windows 7, it's best if you can update your BIOS with version 22.3 and I've noticed you have a Killer Ethernet device which will lead me to say that the drivers for that device is what may be causing the issue as it's been documented to cause such a scenario albeit after booting into Windows. Download the drivers for your Killer device. One other thing you could do is download all the drivers found in under Windows 7 64bit and run them in compatibility mode once you've booted into Windows + have them on a USB drive as stated here.

You could try sfc / scannow and see how that turns out for you but I'm also leaning towards a corrupt installer on your USB.

Hope this helps.