Question Windows 10 not detecting brand new ssd

muddysoap14

Honorable
Feb 2, 2019
Ok so just finished building my first computer and attempted to go through the steps to install Windows 10 pro, only to get to the bit where it asks you to choose which Drive you want to install windows onto and there are no drives detected, now this is a brand-new SSD and I’ve checked the sata connectors and there all plugged in, one of the options is to load drivers, however when I click that option there are no drivers to be found, if its drivers that I need which ones do I need and where can I get them from. the hard drive I’m using is an L5 3D lite from team group 480gb.
This is literally the only thing stopping me from getting my computer up and running (SO ANNOYING!)any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks muddysoap14.

muddysoap14

Honorable
Feb 2, 2019
Computer specs, motherboard, GPU, CPU, PSU and memory. Does your hard drive showup in the BIOS? Have you setup the bios for your new ssd; s/b ACHI and boot mode should include "Legacy" and/or "CSM".

Ok so spec’s are
: cpu Ryzen 7 2700x
: gigabyte rtx 2060 oc pro
: t-force by team group ram 2x8 ddr4 3200mhz
: motherboard Asus rog strix x370-f gaming
: team group ssd L5 3D lite SATA 3 480gb
: power supply 650w 80+ gold by Corsair

As to the ssd showing up in the bios I cant see it any where. It’s my first time building a pc so I don’t know that much about the technical stuff so please try to speak plainly.
Got it to boot up the very first time when I turned it on though.

Here are some screen’s so you can see what the bios is like.

http://i64.tinypic.com/5ouu4w.jpg :Boot

http://i65.tinypic.com/2llhvfs.jpg :Advanced

Oh and Another thing I forgot to mention was I’ve seen videos on YouTube saying that you need to update the drivers or install drivers via usb, now would that be the drivers for the motherboard or for the SSD?
And if I do need drivers I don’t even know what drivers I would need, sorry for being an annoying noob but I haven’t got a clue as am new to this stuff.

Again thanks for any help muddysoap14.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS