Windows 10 not detecting G card

Freestyler323

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
I have recently upgraded to Win10, and when I did I ran the PC for a week or two off the on-board graphics. I have now been able to get my main gfx card card out of another older PC into this one – its noting special – gigabyte geforce 560. I plugged it in to the MB and noticed on my new PC its 750W psu has an ‘8-pin pcie’ plug. I plugged in the 6pack, but the separate little 2 pin plug didn’t feel as though it wanted to go into the cards other 6 pin port (it has 2 x 6 pin power ports). So I left it off, and plugged in another 6 pin plug from the psu – I think that’s ok?

The card now fires up when the PC is switched on, fans start and lights appear etc. when I logged into windows, windows update started downloaded drivers for the card, so clearly windows has detected it. This process completed successfully, and I imagined it then would have been a simple case of rebooting with the monitor now plugged into the 560. I tried this, but I get no signal on the monitor. I have had to go back to the on-baord to get a signal to my monitor.

Ive tried a second spare screen, same again – no signal for the 560.

Even in device manager I get no entry for the 560.

Am I missing something here? is it lacking sufficient power, or is windows 10 just not liking it?

Any help very much appreciated.