[SOLVED] Windows 10 not detecting my Trust webcam

• Thread starter Deleted member 2720853
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2720853

First off I'll give information about the webcam I'm using and the OS. I'm on Windows 10 LTSC 64-bit and the webcam is a USB Trust Spotlight type 16428.

The weird thing is, the microphone works but my webcam doesn't. It says it's not detected, yet the microphone is built into the webcam and works just fine. There are no drivers for me to install in order for it to be detected either, according to Trust "Windows should automatically install the webcam", but it doesn't.

I went in Device Manager and there are no Imaging Devices or any Webcam related entry to be seen. There is no webcam in Devices and Printers either.

I tried plugging it into different USB spots but to no avail. Only the microphone works. One time, Windows gave me a notification while I was replugging it: "Please wait while we are installing your Trust Webcam" and a second later the notification disappeared and nothing was installed.

Is there anything else I need to do to get this webcam to work, or is it just borked? Seems weird that it would be since it is new and the microphone works. Pretty sure my USB ports aren't wrecked either -- if I plug my mouse or keyboard into any of them, they work. I tested it.

Solution
Suggestions:

In Device Manager ensure that "Show hidden devices" is checked. (Under the View tab.)

Sometimes you may need to wait for some time while Windows finds/fixes/installs the necessary driver(s).

Also go into the Windows Troubleshooting screens: they may find and fix something.

Do try the webcam on another computer - could be a problem within the webcam.

Ensure that all other old webcam drivers are disabled or uninstalled.

I also went to the manufacturer's website to look for possible drivers. Cannot rely on "Windows" alone to handle the installs.

Link(?):

https://www.trust.com/de/product/16428-spotlight-pro-webcam-with-led-lights

Site was German and there were translation problems that kept getting in the...

Ralston18

Titan
Suggestions:

In Device Manager ensure that "Show hidden devices" is checked. (Under the View tab.)

Sometimes you may need to wait for some time while Windows finds/fixes/installs the necessary driver(s).

Also go into the Windows Troubleshooting screens: they may find and fix something.

I also went to the manufacturer's website to look for possible drivers. Cannot rely on "Windows" alone to handle the installs.

Link(?):

Site was German and there were translation problems that kept getting in the way....

Still may become necessary to work through it all as a last resort. Maybe at least contact technical support.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2720853

Suggestions:

Link(?):

Site was German and there were translation problems that kept getting in the way....

Still may become necessary to work through it all as a last resort. Maybe at least contact technical support.

None of that helped. I doubt Technical Support is going to help. There are no drivers for this webcam, they themselves said that Windows will install the webcam automatically but it doesn't. What else can I do?

I find it weird that the microphone works but the video doesn't. It has a built in mic.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2720853

Given the history to date I would try the webcam on at least one more computer.

If the webcam still does not work then return the webcam.

I tried it on another PC and only the microphone worked, video didn't.

Guess I'll just return it.