[SOLVED] Windows 10 not detecting PS4 controller anymore

magicturtle9

Commendable
Oct 20, 2018
So I was playing FIFA on my PC using DS4Windows fine until yesterday it stopped recognising the controller, it doesn't show up anymore. I've tried a brand new USB cable and it still doesn't work. The controller lights up orange for a second and then turns off again. I checked device manager and it doesn't seem that the controller is even there. I've also tried using Steam Big Picture Mode and system restoring to when it was working but neither worked. I would really appreciate any help :)

Solution
Nevermind guys I found out how to fix it.
  1. Connect Dualshock with data cable to pc.
  2. Turn Off and Turn On bluetooth
  3. Disconnect cable
  4. Press PS Button and Share button for few seconds.. (as far won't light flash)
  5. Find bluetooth device "Wireless Controller"

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I wonder if something changed such that it's seeing the DS4W program as a virus or something? Maybe could find something there.

I used SCP toolkit for a long time with PS3 controller as I (still) prefer them so much to the Xbox version. Just the same, from time to time it would act problematic and force me to do a reinstall or other workarounds.

magicturtle9

Commendable
Oct 20, 2018
I wonder if something changed such that it's seeing the DS4W program as a virus or something? Maybe could find something there.

I used SCP toolkit for a long time with PS3 controller as I (still) prefer them so much to the Xbox version. Just the same, from time to time it would act problematic and force me to do a reinstall or other workarounds.
I don't think so because even my steam isn't recognizing it :/

magicturtle9

Commendable
Oct 20, 2018
Nevermind guys I found out how to fix it.
  1. Connect Dualshock with data cable to pc.
  2. Turn Off and Turn On bluetooth
  3. Disconnect cable
  4. Press PS Button and Share button for few seconds.. (as far won't light flash)
  5. Find bluetooth device "Wireless Controller"

Solution