[SOLVED] Windows 10 not going to lock screen after sleep mode.

Neostarwcc

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013
Okay so I have no clue why my wife's computer goes to her lock screen after she wakes up her computer from sleep mode and mine doesn't. I just installed windows 10 on my Samsung 970 Evo Plus not even a week ago and my previous SSD (840 Pro) was doing the exact same thing before for many months but when I first installed W10 it worked. I've googled about this problem over and over again and have found nothing and even when my wife suggested I try manually putting my computer to sleep it still doesn't show the lock screen. Yet I have "Go to lockscreen upon waking up" enabled in the sign in options of the lockscreen. It's SO weird. I've checked for errors with my lockscreen and my computer isn't getting any errors. It's just.... not going to my lockscreen. If this can't be resolved I'd rather completely shut off my desktop at night rather than put it to sleep because It's kind of important that my computer go to lockscreen.

Solution
Try this.

1/ Go to " Settings "
2/ then " Personalisation "
3/ then " Lock screen "
4/ then " Screen saver settings "
5/ tick the box for " On resume, display log on screen "
6/ select how much time in the box called " Wait "
7/ Then select " Apply "
8/ Then select " OK "
Try this.

1/ Go to " Settings "
2/ then " Personalisation "
3/ then " Lock screen "
4/ then " Screen saver settings "
5/ tick the box for " On resume, display log on screen "
6/ select how much time in the box called " Wait "
7/ Then select " Apply "
8/ Then select " OK "

Solution

Neostarwcc

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013
I honestly didn't know that existed, it was unchecked so that was probably the problem! Thanks for your help! Idk much about W10 I find it a very confusing OS with so many things to learn lol. The last OS I really knew or cared much about was W7. Anyway, I'll check if that works and get back to you. Thanks for your help!