Windows 10 not picking up wifi connections

eli358days

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
I have recently performed a clean install of windows 10 on a HP 15-f233wm laptop. It has the wifi adapter recognized, but it says there are no WiFi networks available to connect to.
I downloaded the drivers from the HP support website, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver several times. After all of that, it is still showing the same problem. Other devices in the home are working perfectly fine.(PS4, other laptops, etc) I was able to borrow a USB wifi adapter to get it online, but I would like to get the internal adapter to work properly. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Take a look at the Event Viewer logs.

The logs may be capturing some error code or warning that may provide some insight as to what is or is not happening.

Could be that the current wifi adapter has indeed failed...

Ralston18

Titan
Have you tried the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters?

"WIN" + "I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot

The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

[Note: As I understand things, the upcoming Windows 10 Update has relocated the troubleshooters. Doubt that your system has been updated but just in case, the troubleshooters are still there and you may need to look around some.]

If the troubleshooters do not find or fix anything: What make and model is your wifi adapter?

Download the drivers from the manufacturer's website - not HP's website.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt.

The output should show you what internal wifi adapter is installed.