Windows 10 not seeing integrated graphics (at least intel control panel)

Natan_2

Honorable
Feb 12, 2017
Hi,

My system did not detect my CPU integrated driver - CPU is I5-8600K and GPU is UHD 630.
I did install 15.30 version from Intel, and it's detected in Devices Manager.
However - i can't access Intel Control Panel, the integrated graphics isn't detected by Nvidia Control Panel 3D Settings. I installed version 24, so the newest from Intel and still, can't access Intel Control Panel when i'm right clicling on the desktop

What should I do?

Solution
1) Yep, check the BIOS first. Different names depending on BIOS version, and remember you need to allocate some of your system memory as VRAM... if it's just to use with a secondary monitor 64MB is probably fine.

I think in my BIOS on older PC it said "Multi Monitor" then right below that there was an option (greyed out if multi-monitor disabled) to set "iGPU Memory."

2) Do you have a monitor attached to the motherboard?

*May not matter but either way I know on my PC that the INTEL DRIVER doesn't get loaded if the Intel iGPU isn't enabled in the BIOS... same thing goes for the audio solution. I have a sound CARD so I disable the audio solution in my BIOS which also causes the installed DRIVERS to not load up.

Nor do BIOS disabled...
If you have a graphics card installed, the default setting in the BIOS will deactivate the integrated graphics. If you have a motherboard with multu-monitor, it can be set so that both a graphics card and integrated graphics are active.

Otherwise it is either graphics card or integrated graphics only. If it isn't finding the integrated graphics, you can force it to the integrated graphics within the BIOS. Clearing the CMOS will reset that setting.

1) Yep, check the BIOS first. Different names depending on BIOS version, and remember you need to allocate some of your system memory as VRAM... if it's just to use with a secondary monitor 64MB is probably fine.

I think in my BIOS on older PC it said "Multi Monitor" then right below that there was an option (greyed out if multi-monitor disabled) to set "iGPU Memory."

2) Do you have a monitor attached to the motherboard?

*May not matter but either way I know on my PC that the INTEL DRIVER doesn't get loaded if the Intel iGPU isn't enabled in the BIOS... same thing goes for the audio solution. I have a sound CARD so I disable the audio solution in my BIOS which also causes the installed DRIVERS to not load up.

Nor do BIOS disabled components show up in Device Manager.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS