[SOLVED] Windows 10 not starting

daddyhc

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2012
Windows 10, home built desktop, (Using Tom's folks as experts) CPU=Intel Core I 5 3450 Ivy LGA 1155; MOBO=AS Rock z 77 Extreme 4; HDD= Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB: RAM= Crucial 16 bit DDR 3; MONITOR= ASUS VS 208 N-P. So I build this baby doing all the research for a good gamer. I start with Win 7 but along come Win 10. So I install and things are fine for a while. However, I loose interest and do most of my work on a Toshiba lap top with Win 7
Now comes Microsoft saying all you Win 7 users are bad boys and we are going to fore you to Win 10. So, says I, I better make sure my desk top will serve as a backup and maybe I'll use it more. So I turn it on, the case lights up, the fans blow and the nice ASUS light stays yellow and nothing happens., the red light that says the HD are working isn't lit. I went through all the connections with no problem.
So I am asking if someone has a protocol to follow before I crack the case?

US

Solution
Which version of Windows 10 were you on, on your desktop? Might want to see if you can get into BIOS, after you remove and replace teh CMOS battery after 15 mins. You should also list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

It could be a PSU issue outside of a corrupt OS installation. Also, where did you source the installer for Windows 10 from?

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 were you on, on your desktop? Might want to see if you can get into BIOS, after you remove and replace teh CMOS battery after 15 mins. You should also list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

It could be a PSU issue outside of a corrupt OS installation. Also, where did you source the installer for Windows 10 from?

Solution

daddyhc

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2012
Desk top started with Win 7 (legal) and went to Win 10 direct from Microsoft. Never thought about CMOS battery, gave no indication like wrong time etc. Plus fairly new MOBO. I will crack the case and do the battery thing. If no result, I will replace battery and let you know what happens.

TRENDING THREADS