Question Windows 10 on old notebook

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
I am upgrade an asus eee pc 1101ha notebook to windows 10, but when i choose the storage, where I will store the os and the installation begins the instalation stucks at 0% and after some time the computer freezes. What may be the problem? If it is the hardware what other os option I have that are free?
Full specs:
2gb ram ddr2
120 gb ssd
Cpu: Intel Atom Z520 / 1.33 GHz
Gpu:Intel GMA 500

Honestly, even if you can gey windows 10 to install, which it theoretically should, it is going to be unusably slow.
I would suggest a lighweight linux distro such as lubuntu. You can load lubuntu onto a usb stick and try it, then hit the install button if you like it.

Linux can run and be installed from usb.

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
Honestly, even if you can gey windows 10 to install, which it theoretically should, it is going to be unusably slow.
I would suggest a lighweight linux distro such as lubuntu. You can load lubuntu onto a usb stick and try it, then hit the install button if you like it.

Linux can run and be installed from usb.
I will try this, because i dont think windows 10 installation will work. Thanks.

I have a newer but still bad 2t celeron laptop with 2gb ram and 32gb emmc that came with windows 10 originally.
Windows 10 is still installed onto the emmc, however i generally plug in a lubuntu usb stick if i need to do anythibg quickly.

Its much faater on lubuntu, even when heavily limited by the slow usb 2 stick its on.

TRENDING THREADS