Windows 10 on PCIe SSD very slow and failed installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2015
Hello experts

I've been unsuccessfully attempting to install Windows 10 for around a week (tried both : upgrade and clean install) on a Kingston HyperX Predator 240 PCIe SSD . The installation process takes around a day and always fails with the following error :
"we couldn't install windows 10 we've set your PC back to the way it was just before you started installing WIndows 10 .
0xC1900101 - 0x30018
The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP operation"

So there are two issues I'm facing here :

1. Very slow installation
2.Failed installation

The motherboard is Asus Sabertooth 990FX . I guess that there may be some option in the BIOS that should be enabled so that the slow installation bottleneck would get fixed . Can anyone help please , since Asus support doesn't seem to respond ?

Thanks very much

Solution
Hi,

I run in to the same problem. I have the same disk but another motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII RANGER Socket-1151. I have tried to install win 10 as an upgrade using the win 10 app in win 7. It takes around 24h to complete copying files (a looong time). It then stops at 7% installing drivers and this dialog pops up: “Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware”. I have tried 3 times, and it stalls at exactly the same spot every time :*-( In the upgrade app under "check compatibility" I see no incompatibility issues.

Martin F

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015
Hi,

I run in to the same problem. I have the same disk but another motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII RANGER Socket-1151. I have tried to install win 10 as an upgrade using the win 10 app in win 7. It takes around 24h to complete copying files (a looong time). It then stops at 7% installing drivers and this dialog pops up: “Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware”. I have tried 3 times, and it stalls at exactly the same spot every time :*-( In the upgrade app under "check compatibility" I see no incompatibility issues.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.