Windows 10 on the cheap

ich.heiss.jing

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
Hi,

I've bought a per-build system about 2 month ago for a really good deal. But the problem is that the system didn't come with a windows key, it only came with a 3 month trail. And now, two month has passed and I think it's the time to start to look for a windows key. I personally hate Microsoft and do not want to support them at all as they are one of the most anti-consumer company out there. So of course I will not buy the retail copy of their OS. I've looked up for OEM version, but I still don't want to pay them that much. Then I found some cheap keys on both Amazon and Kinguni, I'm totally aware that they are probably illegitimate keys, and I don't care about that at all. I also don't care about weather that is legal or not, but I'm wondering will Microsoft deactivate my key or not, and if yes, how long? And which price point I have the highest chance of getting a reliable key. It seems like almost every on YouTube who knows about technology say they are fine and there is only a small chance of the keys getting deactivated. If you have tried either of those options, pleas let me know if they've worked for you. Thank you so much for the information.

USAFRet

Titan
There is no "cheap + valid". A Windows license costs what it costs.

Buying an invalid key from one of the cheap places may indeed become unactivated. And not 'for a while'....absolute forever.
Money wasted.

I find it interesting that "I personally hate Microsoft and do not want to support them at all", but you will gladly use their software.
The height of irony.
If you feel that strongly about Microsoft, why are you not using Linux?

You can run Win 10, downloaded freely direct from Microsoft, and installed on your hardware, as unactivated. For as long as you want.
Just accept the small restrictions on that unactivated software.
And of course, MS could cut that off at any time.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If you find MS so abhorrent, then don't use their products and go the open route: Linux.

Or, pay for a license from a legitimate source. You do have options here as previously indicated, including the unactivated install route.

And reply to why I hate MS is because of two reason. The first one is their Xbox, especially the paid online, I have a friend who owns an Xbox and he couldn’t play his game online just because he couldn’t afford to pay for online. This really pisses me off as everyone should have he right to play game online.

No, they shouldn't. Places like Microsoft, Steam, Ubisoft, etc., have to spend money out of their own pockets to make that online gaming available to people. Servers, power to run the servers, man hours to make sure those servers continue to run right and to fix things (Including patches to games and hardware) when something goes wrong and the cost of developing those games in the first place ALL costs those companies money.

Why should you, or anybody, get to use for free what it costs them thousands if not millions to make available? Actually, it's that exact type of attitude that is responsible for the entire piracy problem which results in increased costs for everybody who actually PAYS for the software or service. If EVERYBODY stopped pirating crap and started paying those manufacturers and developers for the time and money they had invested, it would cost ALL of us a lot less because then those guys could afford to maybe reduce some of the costs that are passed on to us and reduce prices a little without having to lose money in order to do it.

Just because you FEEL like the world owes you something, doesn't make it true.

USAFRet

Titan
If you are a student, you can almost certainly get a free or low cost Win 10 license from your school.

"I don't want to pay Microsoft for their software" is like your boss saying "I like what you do, but I'm not going to pay you for it. And you still have to come here and work every day."