Windows 10 onboot just shows Windows 10 Logo.

Jul 27, 2018
Whenever I tried to update Windows 10 on SSD all I could see was the Windows 10 Logo, and no spinning circles.

I formatted my SSD (and harddrive) and tried to reinstall and update Windows 10.

When launching the Windows 10 Installer from my USB Drive all I can see is the Windows 10 Logo.

I've tried looking through my BIOS for some settings to toggle, as recommended here, but I couldn't find anything.

Recovery drive also doesn't work, with the same Windows 10 Logo error.

My PC is a old, and doesn't use UEFI, if that changes anything.

Hardware is (I think):

12 GB ram (3x4gb, DDR3)

Intel Core i7 - 920

Geforce GTX 1060 - 3gb

UPDATE:
I managed to install Windows Vista and Windows 8.1 onto my PC without any problems. Still can't install Windows 10 though.

Solution

Hello again

In that case, you can try installing Windows 8.1 again, and then use the Windows 10 media to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Cheers!! :)
Jul 27, 2018
The installation media is from the microsoft website.
I've been using the correct method.

My computer is old (and pretty unknown) so I can't find any bios updates only "unlocked bios".

Hello again

In that case, you can try installing Windows 8.1 again, and then use the Windows 10 media to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Cheers!! :)

Solution
Jul 27, 2018
When I tried installing Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool from Windows 8.1 it did all the installing and once it rebooted I'm back at just the Windows 10 Logo and no spinning circles.

UPDATE:
Oh rebooting seemed to do the trick!
Thanks for the help!

TRENDING THREADS