[SOLVED] Windows 10 OS feels slower

SleuthX

Prominent
Jan 22, 2022
Greetings. I have bought my PC prebuilt with specs I specified 8 days ago, I have faced a major issue which was my CPU running on 100c up until Monday then added thermal paste on it, now it reaches 48c max. my problem now is, my OS feels a little sluggish and I don't know exactly when that started to happen but I noticed thing like moving from one category to another in the system settings page feels a little heavy, here View: https://imgur.com/a/dnM9yti

I did sfc /scannow on command prompt and it did find corrupt files and repaired them too. after doing that, applications started feeling a little better but I don't know if I'm getting the best out of it yet or if there is something missing, that settings switch still rings bells for me as it's pretty confusing why a 10th gen Intel CPU, 8GB 3200mhz ram & an SSD would struggle with loading basic Windows functions properly and I'm not sure if it's because I depend on the integrated Intel UHD 630, I also checked my HDD and SSD via Crystaldiskinfo and both of them are 100% healthy according to the status it gave me so I don't know where else to look really.

Solution
he already run sfc /scannow and Intel updater, he asked on discord. I was helping before.
He needs to contact the people who made PC as it seems his license is a group one.
it's activated via "Organization's activation service" - https://superuser.com/questions/166...nizations-activation-service-instead-of-digit

I have to go out soon so can't help right now.

I can't recall, do settings work in safe mode?
  1. go to settings/update & security/recovery
  2. under advanced startup, click restart now button
  3. this restarts PC in a blue menu
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  6. choose startup options
  7. click the restart button
  8. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by...

SleuthX

Prominent
Jan 22, 2022
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu?
how full is the ssd?
ram usage?
i3 10105 (Stock cooler)
Gigabyte B560M H
8GB 3200mhz unbuffered Patriot Viper Steel
Patriot Burst 120GB SSD
1TB WD Blue 7200RPM
600W BPA 600 Bitfenix
Bitfenix Nova Mesh TG case
-
Ram usage is 38% with Discord running in the background only and Antimalwareservice using up about 180MB so I guess that has something to do with the iGPU consuming memory? I got latest Intel drivers too.
56.9GB are free out of 111GB on the SSD, the OS is installed on it.

"feels slower"....slower than what?
Slower than what I'd expected it to be running brand new. clicking Windows 10 options and them being sluggish isn't a good sign for a new PC even if it's an Intel 8th gen, is it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
he already run sfc /scannow and Intel updater, he asked on discord. I was helping before.
He needs to contact the people who made PC as it seems his license is a group one.
it's activated via "Organization's activation service" - https://superuser.com/questions/166...nizations-activation-service-instead-of-digit

4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  8. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
  9. Pc will restart and load safe mode
see if settings work and/or if they act the same here

Last edited:
Solution

SleuthX

Prominent
Jan 22, 2022

4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  8. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
  9. Pc will restart and load safe mode
see if settings work and/or if they act the same here
How do I revert that once I do it? and could it have any side effects on the OS if it turns to be ingenuine or anything?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its one reason he needs to contact people who made PC and ask for a new license, as could reinstall win 10 then with a new ISO to make sure nothing strange is installed. Sure, can reinstall now but I wonder if activation servers just link him up to old one again.

I couldn't find anything that explains his settings behavior.

So far
  • checked drive as I thought it might be ssd
  • ran sfc, it fixed a few things.

wonder if chkdsk would help
  • right click start
  • choose powershell (admin)
  • type chkdsk c: /f and press enter
  • 2 paragraphs pop up, agree to run at restart
  • restart PC and let chkdsk run. should be fast on an ssd.