Question Windows 10 OS keeps resetting automatically and goes to lock screen automatically

SchoolBoyvs

Prominent
Jul 23, 2019
Hi guys,

I am experiencing issues with Windows 10 OS PRO which while restarting or turning on everyday I am experiencing preparing windows and it becomes a new os and sometime it automatically locks screen even though the screen logout time, sleeper time is set off. Few times the screen gets locked automatically and sometimes when i try to login sometimes the system shutdowns automatically or sometimes i can see preparing windows. I have disassembled my pc and formatted my HDD and the problem is not solved. Whether I have to update BIOS or need to change motherboard battery? or any other problem. During this problem it also automatically uninstalls many softwares like VLC, Winrar, Nvidia and cant open microsoft store or apps.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What are specs of PC? Only 1 hdd?

CMOS battery wouldn't cause windows to reinstall on startup, it would just lose boot settings. So I don't think its CMOS.

Bios update maybe help

I have to assume you have checked there aren't any installers in USB drives or perhaps an sd card reader although WIn 10 cannot be installed off sd card. No dvd drive?

Do you have sync turned on in settings/accounts/sync settings? That might explain the lock screen behaviour, if its got memories of an older install. At one stage my desktop would load a 1080p image on my 4k monitor as it remembered my screen resolution.

I know sync settings wouldn't account for the installation behaviour.

TRENDING THREADS