[SOLVED] Windows 10 OS will not recognise external HD docking station.

thompsonjim0000

Reputable
Nov 25, 2017
I am posting this for a friend who uses Windows. (Linux user myself, so I am not current with Microsoft).
He has a fairly new HP computer loaded with Windows10.
He has a new docking station that when plugged in to the computer is not recognised by the computer.
We tried finding a solution on youtube, however, the operating system (Win10) shown in the instructions does not appear to the same as what is loaded in this computer.

I will obtain more details from the owner and post again.

Edit:
The owner has since found out the solution to this problem. Please ignore.

Jim.

Solution
Can you check and see what the version for the OS is at the time of writing? You should ideally be on version 21H1. As for your dock, make and model of the dock? You might want to mention if the system is a desktop or a laptop since a lot of people mix the two, both are somewhat similar but different platforms. Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You might want to also try reinstalling your chipset drivers. Speaking of drivers, please pass on the model for your HP system(laptop or desktop). An SKU would help us two fold.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you check and see what the version for the OS is at the time of writing? You should ideally be on version 21H1. As for your dock, make and model of the dock? You might want to mention if the system is a desktop or a laptop since a lot of people mix the two, both are somewhat similar but different platforms. Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You might want to also try reinstalling your chipset drivers. Speaking of drivers, please pass on the model for your HP system(laptop or desktop). An SKU would help us two fold.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS