Windows 10 Password

thewinged98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
Hello!

I'd like to know if there's a way to remove the password entirely on a Windows 10 account (Administrator account), since I'm the only person that uses this computer and I'm tired of always typing my long password. So I tried everything, I tried changing it but it doesn't even let me do that. It just says that the password I'm entering isn't correct, no matter what way I try. This is the only account on the computer, so I there's no chance of me trying to change some other account's password. I made a thread about a random account with my name (not the name of my account, my real name) popping up in the login screen and asking me to enter my password for it, even tho nothing works and I cannot find that account in the Account Management screen, but no one came up with an actual fix for it. Please help me!

thewinged98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017

As I said, it just says that the password I entered is wrong.

Unfortunately, as we cannot verify ownership, we cannot assist with circumventing passwords, pins, etc by TomsHardware's rules.

You will have to try one of Microsoft's password reset options from their website for the named Microsoft Account. Contact them for further assistance,

Edit: You'll note he mentioned it giving him an error over his password being incorrect; I know and have used the trick to remove the password, but it still requires the proper pass at least once. At this point, that rule does come into effect - he has to get the correct password or reset it.

USAFRet

Titan

1. You need to enter the correct password

2. An admin account with no password is an especially dangerous thing.

thewinged98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-automatically-login-in-windows-10/

On the third step of "Turn on automatic sign-in using Registry", instead of saying "MicrosoftAccount/[MyEmail]", it just says "PC"!

Reactions: 4freedomssake

thewinged98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017

https://prnt.sc/ioyi6j

Does this look right?
I mean, if it says "Member of:" and under it says "Administators", does that mean that my local account (PC) has Admin rights?

InvalidError

Titan

He's not 'circumventing' passwords, he just wants to get rid of the login screen and Windows won't let him scrap his password.

Based on your other post, it seems like "PC" is the actual name of your local account on your computer, so that seems correct. The "MicrosoftAccount" thing is for people who choose to use Microsoft's cloud-based account thing which has become the default.

thewinged98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017

The thing is that whenever I go to "Accounts / Your Info" in the Windows Settings, it shows my Microsoft account and it even says my email under the name of the account, instead of just saying "Local Account"

if you are the owner of the PC and are in an admin account you can remove the password in windows setting under accounts - sign-in options

thewinged98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017

It only says "Change Password" tho