[SOLVED] Windows 10 PC bricked overnight, please help!

Pakadermia

Reputable
May 2, 2017
Its a 3 drive system:
250GB 960EVO SSD which is the main drive that windows 10 64bit home is installed on and 2 HDDs that are just for storage.

Today, the system posted as usual, got to the windows logo that appears before prompting the password, then restarted.

Hours later I still cant get the system
to boot. Using the windows 10 USB since i lost the windows 10 disk, i tried to boot into safe mode several times just to have the USB try to install windows instead of just booting into safe mode. It got to the point where on an attempted boot said that an OS was not detected. However I could still see all my drives in BIOS and see my files via norton ghost. I decided to use a recent backup via acronis true image just so I could get into windows. In acronis, my backup drive was literally empty as in there are no readable files of any extension on the drive when i did a backup 2 weeks ago.

I think its important to point out that Windows has been forcing updates on me that just bluescreen me. Once i blue screen it resets the system to its original config and it boots normally. When asked to schedule a time for the update, I chose 4/27. Sure enough after that, cant boot once. Im extremely paranoid of losing years of my storage, if you can help me in anyway, ill help you in anyway by giving all required information. Coming to this forum is a last resort, please help!

Solution
Didnt fix it. Im writing down all the programs ill have to reinstall, ive accepted that my personal files on that drive are gone. Im still looking for a miracle answer but in case that doesnt come, thank you guys for the late night replies, i appreciate it.
You can always try creating a bootable Linux USB key and try using it to recover your files.

Pakadermia

Reputable
May 2, 2017
Have you tried disconnecting the 2 storage drives and boot using the SSD only?
No but i just took the ssd out to examine and reslot it to no effect. It keeps getting to the point where its about to ask for my password than it restarts. The system doesnt shut off, it just keeps cycling trying to boot. Ill try to boot this time with the other 2 disconnected.

Pakadermia

Reputable
May 2, 2017
Currently testing the system with only the ssd, other two drives are physically disconnected.

Im getting the same results with the drives disconnected, im going to clear cmos now
I should p
Currently testing the system with only the ssd, other two drives are physically disconnected.

Im getting the same results with the drives disconnected, im going to clear cmos now
It didnt work. I should have specified. Its an X99 board and shows post code AA before it restarts. However when working normally it would display AA too.

Pakadermia

Reputable
May 2, 2017
If trying to boot from the USB installer media, you need to boot from it by moving it first in BIos/Boot device priority/boot order, etc., not launch it from safe mode....; you can attempt a repair install
The reason why i was using the usb installer was to try to get into safemode. Im just trying to get to the desktop.

Pakadermia

Reputable
May 2, 2017
I dont understand how this is happening..
I can see the ssd in ghost however i see none of my personal files, just windows files from 2008. I can see the ssd in bios too. If my ssd is dead, how is it trying to boot into windows vs doing nothing because its a dead ssd. Im pretty observant over this stuff and this system had no preconditions

I dont understand how this is happening..
I can see the ssd in ghost however i see none of my personal files, just windows files from 2008. I can see the ssd in bios too. If my ssd is dead, how is it trying to boot into windows vs doing nothing because its a dead ssd. Im pretty observant over this stuff and this system had no preconditions
It's very rare for an SSD to die. People have reported Windows 10 update deleting files. If that were the case, hopefully the deleted files could be recovered.

https://www.techspot.com/news/84953-windows-10-update-deleting-files-causing-blue-screen.html

Pakadermia

Reputable
May 2, 2017
Id be lying if i said this doesnt perfectly coincide with my problem. I only had a few files on my ssd that werent windows. I may just attempt a fresh reinstall however it will take me days to sort everything out. I really wish i didnt have to deal with this and im trying to stay positive that its not 50x worse but microsoft needs to f'ing stop with these forced updates.

Pakadermia

Reputable
May 2, 2017
What BIOS update version is on your motherboard. Your motherboard has a "USB BIOS Flashback" button on the back panel.
Didnt fix it. Im writing down all the programs ill have to reinstall, ive accepted that my personal files on that drive are gone. Im still looking for a miracle answer but in case that doesnt come, thank you guys for the late night replies, i appreciate it.