Windows 10 PC Freezing and making looping buzz noise.

Jake_116

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Ever since I have built my desktop, my PC will at random times freeze and produce a loud buzzing noise through the headset. It is not a unresponsive program, as other things would run. It is similar to what happens before a BSOD, but no BSOD happens. I have checked the Event Viewer log for "System" and found nothing related. Tried updating and reverting GPU drivers, no change. I even bought a new GPU, still same issue. I re-installed Windows 10, no change. I ran the Windows Memory Check for the RAM, nothing. I am suspect of my PSU. I have had this issue for months, any suggestions?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running the free version of http://www.memtest86.com/ on your ram, one stick at a time. Any errors one too many, need to replace stick

The buzz sound probably drivers, not the PSU. If it were PSU I would expect PC to restart, not freeze.

Jake_116

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

Is Windows Memory Diagnostics not efficient? I will use Memtest86. How many times should I run it on each stick?

Jake_116

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

Well I ran Memtest86 for 20 hours. It completed all 4 phases with no errors.(all 48 tests) And it appears the problem has evolved. My PC randomly shut off completely while playing a game today.

Jake_116

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Jake_116 : "PC Freezing and Buzzing with no BSOD"

Try replacing the thermal paste on your CPU and GPU. I am going to try this myself, don't know when though.

Condawgger

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017

Condawgger

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
Hey buddy I had the same problem about a month ago I assumed it was a GPU or PSU problem but it actually lied within the hard drive I had, It was a faulty one and I had to send it back. Cheers!