Windows 10 Pc Random Crashing and Rebooting Issue

Justin_A_Crossman

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
I have a Asus laptop with windows 10 about a year and a half old and recently i ran into this issue of my pc rebooting/crashing at random moments when it's being used (watching youtube, playing games etc...) But when it reboots it always says that it's preparing the necessary files and updating even though nothing changes and I have windows updates completely disabled as they were breaking my os all the time. I defrag my drive regularly and perform error checks and it says that nothing is wrong so how can I fix this? I guess i should add that it doesn't blue screen it just makes an glitchy noise in the headphones and then reboots. It's very sudden and at very random moments, it can go days or weeks without doing it but it happens pretty consistently in those intervals. I have absolutely no idea what is the problem.

ac13044

Honorable
Mar 25, 2016
well it could be anything from ram right up to gpu or psu. it has to be windows itself if updates are corrupting your files etc. backup everything from pictures music videos personal files etc. do a fresh install let windows update everything first then post back

Justin_A_Crossman

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

Is there a way to re-install windows without deleting my files? I would prefer not to have to re-install all my things. Also if I re-install windows will I be forced to put in all the latest windows updates? Cause I hate the windows 10 forced updates because they were literally causing issues for me every single time there was a new update, from breaking drivers, breaking apps, causing errors, and my pc would decide to download updates and reboot to update when i was in the middle of things all the time even when i told it not too. So I would really prefer if the windows updates went to hell. I'm just really fed up with microshaft forcing useless applications and constantly breaking/adding/changing features all without my permission so I really don't want windows 10 to be the latest bastardized iteration cause those were literally the cause of all my issues.