Windows 10 PC restart loop, blue screen error

orowles

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
My pc is unable to start-up after attempting to reset it(fresh reset). It is in a restart loop and when I try to turn it on the Windows 10 logo appears but then a blue screen appears saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we will restart for you." This then lets the PC restart and this restart process happens again.
I have tried pressing F8 while it boots up to try to get it into safe mode but had no luck. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

orowles

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015

I had already installed Win 10 and I was trying to reset my PC to a factory state were only Windows would be installed on it.

orowles

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015

AS I'm unable to do this on my main pc. Do I do the following steps and then insert the disc onto my bricked PC and it will start installing Win 10?

orowles

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015

ok thanks, I'll give it a try.

You may need to go into the BIOS and verify that you have AHCI/UEFI enabled. Windows 7 didn't require it or even support it in some cases, but Windows 8 and 10 may on some systems. You may also have to enable/disable CSM, compatibility support module.

orowles

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
When I attempt to download Win 10 onto the USB drive the program just has a circle spinning rather than having a progress % next to it and this is a continuous process. Any reason this could be.

orowles

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015

How is this done?

lumbyr

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015

Did any one resolve this. I am trying to go back to 7 but keep getting this issue.

Akolom

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016

Warrenhottie

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
Mine is similar but I had already installed 10 months ago. Just when I was browsing it blue screened and then I used the Driver Verified tool and all it says now is Driver Verification aswVmm.sys. All I can get is the BIOS to pop up. I don't have any backup as it wasn't supplied with one and foolishly I never made one. It doesn't even show the Windows screen so I cannot get the F8 to pull up the safe mode, etc... It is an Acer AXC-603G-UW13 64 bit if that helps. I do have a Dell laptop. Should I make that disc from the link above on the laptop and see if it accepts it but it is stuck on that Driver Verification screen then restarts constantly... Please help

TRENDING THREADS