Windows 10 PC restart loop, blue screen error

orowles

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
My pc is unable to start-up after attempting to reset it(fresh reset). It is in a restart loop and when I try to turn it on the Windows 10 logo appears but then a blue screen appears saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we will restart for you." This then lets the PC restart and this restart process happens again.
I have tried pressing F8 while it boots up to try to get it into safe mode but had no luck. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

orowles

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015

I had already installed Win 10 and I was trying to reset my PC to a factory state were only Windows would be installed on it.

orowles

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015

AS I'm unable to do this on my main pc. Do I do the following steps and then insert the disc onto my bricked PC and it will start installing Win 10?

orowles

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015

ok thanks, I'll give it a try.

You may need to go into the BIOS and verify that you have AHCI/UEFI enabled. Windows 7 didn't require it or even support it in some cases, but Windows 8 and 10 may on some systems. You may also have to enable/disable CSM, compatibility support module.

orowles

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
When I attempt to download Win 10 onto the USB drive the program just has a circle spinning rather than having a progress % next to it and this is a continuous process. Any reason this could be.

orowles

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015

How is this done?

lumbyr

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015

Did any one resolve this. I am trying to go back to 7 but keep getting this issue.

Akolom

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016

Warrenhottie

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
Mine is similar but I had already installed 10 months ago. Just when I was browsing it blue screened and then I used the Driver Verified tool and all it says now is Driver Verification aswVmm.sys. All I can get is the BIOS to pop up. I don't have any backup as it wasn't supplied with one and foolishly I never made one. It doesn't even show the Windows screen so I cannot get the F8 to pull up the safe mode, etc... It is an Acer AXC-603G-UW13 64 bit if that helps. I do have a Dell laptop. Should I make that disc from the link above on the laptop and see if it accepts it but it is stuck on that Driver Verification screen then restarts constantly... Please help