Windows 10 Picture Viewer Arrow Missing

Tickles

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
Hii! On my PC, I reinstalled the OS on a new hard drive and switched it to run off of that hard drive. So the new one is the C drive. The old one is still installed too, just not default. Everything's working great. The only problem is that on the default windows picture viewer, I don't understand why the arrows to move from picture to picture is gone? It only works if I Ctrl + A + Enter the folder of pictures. But if I load them off of the old hard drive, it works. Why does this happen? Is there any way to fix it ?

Solution
That appears to be an old problem that hasn't been fixed

The app doesn't seem to like directories with large amounts of pictures in them. I can open 1 folder (usually from my HomeServer on my network) with a few pics and it works right away, but then if I open another directory with more pictures it won't work.

The workaround (which is super annoying BTW to have to do! Esp when it works sometimes!)

- in Explorer in the directory with your pictures hit Ctrl-A to select all pictures (or manually select a sub-set), then hit Enter. Then you can right/left through all the pictures that were selected.

Or:

1 time only: Right click | Open with -> Windows Photo Viewer

Change the default: Right Click | Open with -> Choose another...

Colif

Win 11 Master
That appears to be an old problem that hasn't been fixed

The app doesn't seem to like directories with large amounts of pictures in them. I can open 1 folder (usually from my HomeServer on my network) with a few pics and it works right away, but then if I open another directory with more pictures it won't work.

The workaround (which is super annoying BTW to have to do! Esp when it works sometimes!)

- in Explorer in the directory with your pictures hit Ctrl-A to select all pictures (or manually select a sub-set), then hit Enter. Then you can right/left through all the pictures that were selected.

Or:

1 time only: Right click | Open with -> Windows Photo Viewer

Change the default: Right Click | Open with -> Choose another app, you can set it to be the default.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos-winpc/windows-10-photos-app-leftright-scroll-arrows/6d55daf7-aa82-43db-9479-472a081fd1f9

Solution