Question Windows 10 Pixelated (new PC and new Display)

ShlomiU

Commendable
Mar 24, 2020
Hello Everyone.
I am currently on my new build, installed windows 10 and everything is fine and dandy , except from the fonts.

Everything looks a bit jagged , like there's no AA on the fonts.
I've tried to mess around with Cleartype and scaling but nothing seems to work, anyone got any solution to this?

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you on and where did you source the installer from? Might want to list your specs for the system for us to get a better picture. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

You might also want to install your GPU drivers manually(after sourcing it from your manufacturer's support site) as opposed to automagically being installed by the OS.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Hello Everyone.
I am currently on my new build, installed windows 10 and everything is fine and dandy , except from the fonts.

Everything looks a bit jagged , like there's no AA on the fonts.
I've tried to mess around with Cleartype and scaling but nothing seems to work, anyone got any solution to this?
You must make sure you don't have HDR enabled in the display properties page. Let me know

ShlomiU

Commendable
Mar 24, 2020
Which version of Windows 10 are you on and where did you source the installer from? Might want to list your specs for the system for us to get a better picture. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

You might also want to install your GPU drivers manually(after sourcing it from your manufacturer's support site) as opposed to automagically being installed by the OS.

I'm running the latest windows 10 and it was made using the Microsoft Windows 10 tool.

Specs:
Cpu: Ryzen 7 3800x
Motherboard: Asus x570 - P
Ram: Corsair 16 Gb
Psu: Corsair 750w
SSD/HDD: Adata XPG spectrum 1TB ssd / Seagate 2TB HDD
Gpu: Asus Strix Rog 2070 Super

I also uninstalled the drivers in safe mode using DDU and re installed them, no luck.

Here's an interesting thing , I've made sone experiments just to make sure it's not a defective gpu or screen or cable and I found some interesting results.

1. Tried multiple DP cables , same result.
  2. Tried HDMI , same result.
  3. Tried going back to my old display using my new rig, surprisingly it worked and everything looked crisp but only because it switched back to 1080P resolution, as soon as I've switched back to 2560x1440 the jagged fonts came back , leaving me to believe that it's a problem with high res displays and windows scaling ? Because as soon as I scale it to 125% it looks better again.
You must make sure you don't have HDR enabled in the display properties page. Let me know

HDR is turned off.

ShlomiU

Commendable
Mar 24, 2020
What model monitor?

Gigabyte AORUS LCD 27" QHD 165Hz 1ms

When trying to choose the same resolution (1440p) in the old monitor it automatically upscales it to 125% , and if I downscale it to 100 it looks jagged there as well, so I don't think it's a monitor issue.

Try turning off clear type and reboot computer then launch clear type to configure it and choose accordingly and see if that fixes your situation. 😏

Tried that , didin't work ):