Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Loop (7 solutions failed, help please)

Hubes

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Hey guys, I saw another thread for this same issue, but after reading it, I determined that the particular problem described in that thread is probably not as complex as what I am experiencing. I'll try to explain it the best I can below:

*I WOULD LIKE TO NOTE THAT TWO DAYS AGO, I DID NOTICE A PRETTY SHAKE EXPERIENCE WHEN DOING HOMEWORK, GOOGLE CHROME PAGE CONSTANTLY BECOMING UNRESPONSIVE AND A POPUP FROM ADOBE ASKING IF IT COULD "RECORD INFORMATION" ... I ALLOWED

Last night, I went to boot up my PC and after 3 failed startups, I launched into the Automatic Repair interface.

I first allowed Windows to attempt to automatically diagnose and repair the problem, but to no avail.

I then entered command prompt and entered the following operations, all to no avail:
•bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
•bootrec.exe /fixmbr
•bootrec.exe /fixboot

•chkdsk /r c:
•chkdsk /r e:
(c: is SSD boot drive, e: is HDD)

After another failed reboot, I attempted to restore to previous system backup, but Windows informed me that there were no recently recorded backups. I then attempted to restore to previous upgrade, but there was an error and Windows could not restore to previous upgrade.

THEN, I went into command prompt and attempted to restore a corrupted Windows registry, and entered the following, to no avail (was told that "no pathways were found"):
copy c:\windows\system32\config\RegBack\* c:\windows\system32\config

49e0abbc41.jpg

I THEN tried to delete a problematic file, and entered the following into command prompt (again, no pathways were found):
•C:
•cd Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt

Finally, I tried to boot into safe mode, which couldn't even boot.

As a last resort, I went to completely reset my PC, and using the "keep my files" option, I got to 3% and was told that "Your PC cannot be reset." After that, I selected the "Recycle all of my Drives" option and let it run overnight (was working at a rate of about 2% per 15 minutes). I woke up to the same "Your PC cannot be reset" error.

Here's where I stand:
I have two drives that are half-wiped. I can't boot into anything other than the "preparing automatic repair" interface. I have a buddy of mine who interns at Google who is also double-majoring in Computer Science and Engineering / Electrical and Computer Engineering and his best suggestion was to download GParted Live as the Linux OS to a USB, and then boot into the USB from BIOS and try to run GParted to diagnose and fix my drives. That's currently what I'm going to try.

Does anyone have any other ideas??? I'm so lost as to how a problem so fatal manages to happen overnight.

Thanks,
Hubes

Boy07

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016

First you need the windows 10 USB/DVD or need to download from that link if you dont have windows 10.

Hubes

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

Right. I've had a USB key with a Windows 10 ISO since last night and I just never even considered the fact that the fix could be as easy as booting to the USB and repartitioning from the Windows 10 installer menu. Like, I've spent hours downloading a range of LiveTools and a USB boot manager to access them all and I didn't realize that it was as easy as inserting the USB key and formatting my drives from the installer menu.

Thank you!