[SOLVED] Windows 10 pro 2014 doesnt detect my wifi adaptor: Asus pce-ax58bt

Sep 23, 2020
Windows 10 pro 2014 doesnt detect my wifi adaptor. I have installed an Asus pce-ax58bt on a PCIEx1 slot of my Asus ProArt Z490 creator 10g motherboard. All firmware, bios and drivers are up-to-date. When the card is placed in a PCIEx16 slot the wifi adaptor is detected ( intel ax200 ) but the windows device manager gives an error code 10 saying the the device won't power up. Strangely enough the Bluetooth adaptor on the same card works fine when the card is inserted in either PCIE slot type. Has anyone come across this problem and been able to solve it?

Solution
I haver tried this to no avail.

I realize that this PCIE card and various Intel WIFI adaptors (AX200 and others) are reported to be experiencing similar issues. See following link and others: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...er-in-my/2d181849-32bb-4365-8988-6ceeaaf4bbee
Check page 49 of your motherboard manual. In the Advanced section of your BIOS there is an option to enable or disable WiFi connectivity module. Check if it's enabled or disabled.

Advanced > Onboard Devices Configuration > Connectivity mode (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth)
- This item allows you to enable or disable the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity module. Configuration options: [Disabled] [Enabled]
Sep 23, 2020
yes, Driver Package Version 1.0.0.6. This installs WiFi driver for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200: Win10x64 driver: (21.40.2.2) --> result: the Wi-Fi adaptor is not detected when the card is in any of the PCIEx1 slots. When inserted in a PCIEx16 slot it is detected but the device status reads: "This device cannot start. (code 10). {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful."

Intel has a Hot Fix for this driver: Windows® 10 WiFi package drivers 21.120.2 Hot Fix for the AX200/9000/8000 series Intel® Wireless Adapters. --> result: same as above

yes, Driver Package Version 1.0.0.6. This installs WiFi driver for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200: Win10x64 driver: (21.40.2.2) --> result: the Wi-Fi adaptor is not detected when the card is in any of the PCIEx1 slots. When inserted in a PCIEx16 slot it is detected but the device status reads: "This device cannot start. (code 10). {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful."

Intel has a Hot Fix for this driver: Windows® 10 WiFi package drivers 21.120.2 Hot Fix for the AX200/9000/8000 series Intel® Wireless Adapters. --> result: same as above
Have you attached the supplied USB 2.0 cable from the add-on card to an open USB 2.0 header on your motherboard.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0nOydw_K8A

Sep 23, 2020
Yes I have. According to the manual of the card this is for the Bluetooth adaptor only. In fact the Bluetooth adaptor on the card is detected by Windows Device Manager when inserted in either the PCIEx1 or the PCIEx16 slot.

I haver tried this to no avail.

I realize that this PCIE card and various Intel WIFI adaptors (AX200 and others) are reported to be experiencing similar issues. See following link and others: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...er-in-my/2d181849-32bb-4365-8988-6ceeaaf4bbee
Check page 49 of your motherboard manual. In the Advanced section of your BIOS there is an option to enable or disable WiFi connectivity module. Check if it's enabled or disabled.

Advanced > Onboard Devices Configuration > Connectivity mode (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth)
- This item allows you to enable or disable the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity module. Configuration options: [Disabled] [Enabled]

Solution
Sep 23, 2020
Strangely enough the Connectivity Mode option isn't there under the Bios\Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration menu

Your point did lead me to the right solution: I looked under the Bios\Advanced\PCH Configuration and saw that the PCIE Speed option was on [Auto]. I selected [Gen 3] and this did the trick!!

Thank you very much for your time and interest. I wish you a very good day/evening!

Reactions: rocktalkrock