[SOLVED] Windows 10 Pro 64 installation

Feb 10, 2020
I plan on doing a clean install of WIN 10 pro on a new SSD. All of my Programs, Apps etc. are on my existing drive which I currently use to run WIN 7 - this will be removed prior to my installing WIN 10.
After the installation can windows 10 access the other drive to run programs stored there or do I have to reinstall all of them?
Haven't done this in years so I am not sure - Thanks!

Solution
I plan on doing a clean install of WIN 10 pro on a new SSD. All of my Programs, Apps etc. are on my existing drive which I currently use to run WIN 7 - this will be removed prior to my installing WIN 10.
After the installation can windows 10 access the other drive to run programs stored there or do I have to reinstall all of them?
You will need to reinstall MOST programs. Most programs require entries in the Windows registry. A clean install creates a mostly empty registry.
Stream games don't have to be redownloaded.

USAFRet

Titan
Your applications WILL need to be reinstalled. The new OS will know nothing about them.

kanewolf

Titan
You will need to reinstall MOST programs. Most programs require entries in the Windows registry. A clean install creates a mostly empty registry.
Stream games don't have to be redownloaded.

Solution