Windows 10 pro: Bizzarre update

DarkEngine

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
Hi, I finished building very own Computer 2 weeks ago and installed Windows 10 pro without any issues. I updated all my drivers n such then disconnected from the internet entirely. It has not connected since then but has been running perfectly. I have 2 other computers for online stuff and both of those are Win 7. I woke my new computer after a couple hours of sleep today and it went into updating windows screen. I was very surprised, as I know it is impossible to send or receive data .Then it went into "All your files are exactly where you left them" screen.
Once this was complete I checked my update history and there was none. What it did do was re-activate things I disabled. Like Cortana and other stupid apps. I must add this was not a previous download-installing now. Nor was it connected to a network issue. I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue (which I doubt) or if Windows does this on its own because it CAN. I checked around and couldn't find any info but most people have their computer connected to the net.
Regards

Solution
Only thing I can think of is that whatever it was installing was cached and installed on the machine later and rebooted per the Active Hours settings specified in Windows Update. Something was downloaded before you removed the network connection and then installed. The next time you rebooted, it finished and ran the cleanup (the Updating Windows screen). If it does it again (assuming you haven't connected it to any network for any length of time), then I would start worrying.
Only thing I can think of is that whatever it was installing was cached and installed on the machine later and rebooted per the Active Hours settings specified in Windows Update. Something was downloaded before you removed the network connection and then installed. The next time you rebooted, it finished and ran the cleanup (the Updating Windows screen). If it does it again (assuming you haven't connected it to any network for any length of time), then I would start worrying.

Solution