Question Windows 10 pro for 3.8$ in eBay

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
There are a growing number of places to buy these discounted keys. There are a couple of well known youtubers that even offer further discounts by entering a code as certain "retailer" sites that do this type of thing.(remix just posted one of them above) It is quite controversial and of varying opinion as to how ethical it is. I am not sure what this particular forums stance is on it....
With that said, if it is for a machine that you personally are going to use, not for a business or resale, etc. I am of the thought that that's very little to lose to give it a try. I have read stories about them going unactivated later.

I would very specifically read the instructions on how/when they want you to enter the key. IE some of them ask you to do clean install and enter key then, some you can do as upgrade/change key. Also, make sure you aren't having to pay for a broken HDD to be sent (opt out type thing) to you, as per eBay rules. There (should) be something in post on sale about it....GL

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
There are a growing number of places to buy these discounted keys. There are a couple of well known youtubers that even offer further discounts by entering a code as certain "retailer" sites that do this type of thing.(remix just posted one of them above) It is quite controversial and of varying opinion as to how ethical it is. I am not sure what this particular forums stance is on it....
With that said, if it is for a machine that you personally are going to use, not for a business or resale, etc. I am of the thought that that's very little to lose to give it a try. I have read stories about them going unactivated later.

I would very specifically read the instructions on how/when they want you to enter the key. IE some of them ask you to do clean install and enter key then, some you can do as upgrade/change key. Also, make sure you aren't having to pay for a broken HDD to be sent (opt out type thing) to you, as per eBay rules. There (should) be something in post on sale about it....GL
Here Tom's Hardware's stance on it: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/get-windows-10-free-or-cheap,5717.html
The article says " While we can't vouch for all of them, websites selling lower-priced Windows keys are likely selling legitimate codes... If you do opt to get your key for less, make sure it’s from a legitimate site..."
I found coupon for ebay now i can get it for 0.8$ lol i will try it and tell you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if it seems too good to be true, there is likely a catch

sure, price isn't that high that buying to see what they are isn't a bad idea... its just when the price you normally pay is 100x what you paying you have to wonder.

if you use a microsoft account to create your user on Win 10, you may still be able to move it off that motherboard if it has problems later. This shows how to do that: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

Reactions: NightHawkRMX