[SOLVED] Windows 10 Pro lost digital key after mobo change

I currently upgraded my Motherboard and I never knew windows 10 would deactivate my licence. I have a digital license bought from a website I can't remember and it worked good. The licence was bought for 2£. Now after I changed my motherboard and bought an ssd, I wiped my hard disk and now windows comes up with an error as follows:

'We can't activate windows on this device because you don't have a digital licence. Error code 0x803FA067'

I tried troubleshooting the 'I recently changed my hardware' option but it just comes up with the error 'We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try again later' and I don't know what else to try. I don't want to pay 200£ for a licence and don't want to risk getting a fake licence. Also I don't have the watermark but I can't personalise my pc. Any suggestions?

Solution
I currently upgraded my Motherboard and I never knew windows 10 would deactivate my licence. I have a digital license bought from a website I can't remember and it worked good. The licence was bought for 2£. Now after I changed my motherboard and bought an ssd, I wiped my hard disk and now windows comes up with an error as follows:

'We can't activate windows on this device because you don't have a digital licence. Error code 0x803FA067'

I tried troubleshooting the 'I recently changed my hardware' option but it just comes up with the error 'We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try again later' and I don't know what else to try. I don't want to pay 200£ for a licence and don't want to risk getting a fake licence. Also I don't...

mrakha60

Prominent
Oct 31, 2018
First of All thats what you get from bought 2£ windows license. It cannot used for more than one PC, thats mean the windows is registering your PC info (some shorth like Code that different for every part) from Motherboard,Hardisk etc.

So if you change your motherboard or Harddisk you need to get new windows license. Thats what u got from retail windows.

DSzymborski

Titan

I tried troubleshooting the 'I recently changed my hardware' option but it just comes up with the error 'We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try again later' and I don't know what else to try. I don't want to pay 200£ for a licence and don't want to risk getting a fake licence. Also I don't have the watermark but I can't personalise my pc. Any suggestions?

You can run Windows 10 without any license and just a digital watermark in the corner. If you paid 2£, you were already using a dodgy license. Lots of unauthorized licenses "work" for a while.

Solution