[SOLVED] Windows 10 Pro resets PC to "Never Sleep" after every reboot ?

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
hi,

just wanna check if this is normal for Windows 10 Pro in a desktop...............

on Settings > System > Power & Sleep.............i always set ''30 minutes'' under (Sleep)........but every time i turned on the desktop from shut down..............the setting reverts to ''Never''..........

this is a DIY desktop and the Windows 10 Pro came from the guy that built the desktop...........

many thanks in advance............

Solution
hi,

just wanna check if this is normal for Windows 10 Pro in a desktop...............

on Settings > System > Power & Sleep.............i always set ''30 minutes'' under (Sleep)........but every time i turned on the desktop from shut down..............the setting reverts to ''Never''..........

this is a DIY desktop and the Windows 10 Pro came from the guy that built the desktop...........

That’s not normal. Where did the person get Windows 10 Pro? It’s possible that it is a pirated version. You might want to do a fresh install of Windows 10.

Edit: It’s a best practice to do this anyway when purchasing a new PC. It removes everything on the drive so that nothing bad or dangerous could have...

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
hi,

That’s not normal. Where did the person get Windows 10 Pro? It’s possible that it is a pirated version. You might want to do a fresh install of Windows 10.

Edit: It’s a best practice to do this anyway when purchasing a new PC. It removes everything on the drive so that nothing bad or dangerous could have been installed on the system.

Solution

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016

Edit: It’s a best practice to do this anyway when purchasing a new PC. It removes everything on the drive so that nothing bad or dangerous could have been installed on the system.

it's a computer shop that's been operating for a long time and comes with high praise from customers................other customers also had activated versions of Windows 10 Pro from the shop.........

the settings used to be saved ......... but not recently...............maybe some updates messed it up

Some scheduled task could be resetting power profile. Or user doesn't have privileges to change power profile settings.

But no - this is not default behavior.

the settings used to be saved ......... but not recently...............maybe some updates messed it up

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
it's a computer shop that's been operating for a long time and comes with high praise from customers................other customers also had activated versions of Windows 10 Pro from the shop.........

I have no way of knowing… you can confirm that it’s not by going to Settings > Update and Security > Activation.

If that’s what you think, check for recent updates. Also, try to repair Windows with this:
  1. Press the Windows Key + R (a little box should appear)
  2. Type in cmd.exe and click enter
  3. Type in sfc /scannow
Once the scan finishes, try to change the settings again.

TRENDING THREADS