Windows 10 Pro screen goes blank when connected to TV

DevilsGrave

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
Hello. I have a Windows 10 Pro desktop. It's sitting next to a Samsung LED 1080p Smart TV. I connect it using an HDMI. It was working fine until recently the PC just shuts down in a few minutes when I connect to the TV. It doesn't shut down completely as the light is still on but the screen goes blank. My PC is also connected to a monitor and I don't see anything. I cannot bring it turn on except by a hard reset/power off.

Can someone please tell me how I can resolve this? It only started a month or 2 ago and before that it was absolutely fine. I even did a factory reset but it didn't help.

Intel Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
64 bit OS
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Thanks.

Solution
Hi, I probably can't help you as I have no real knowledge of this issue, however I did find a message string with a lot of potential fixes that you may want to review. Read through all of it.

I also noticed that you said it only started recently. It's likely your video driver was updated. Consider going to the NVidia site and downloading the latest driver, or maybe an older driver if you can find one.

Also consider trying this, when the screen goes black... press Win+P, then press the down arrow to select Duplicate (one time for me, it may be different for you), then press Enter. Just remember, or write it down... Win+P, down, Enter.

Good luck.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I probably can't help you as I have no real knowledge of this issue, however I did find a message string with a lot of potential fixes that you may want to review. Read through all of it.

I also noticed that you said it only started recently. It's likely your video driver was updated. Consider going to the NVidia site and downloading the latest driver, or maybe an older driver if you can find one.

Also consider trying this, when the screen goes black... press Win+P, then press the down arrow to select Duplicate (one time for me, it may be different for you), then press Enter. Just remember, or write it down... Win+P, down, Enter.

Good luck.

Solution