Question Windows 10 Pro - update from 1803 to 1903 keeps failing to download

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Error 0x80070015

I disabled my antivirus but that didn't help. Also tried running the powershell script resetting the Windows Update parameters and restarted but that didn't help, either.

However, I've also been reading about the continuous problems with 1903, and wonder if I should just wait regardless.

In the meantime, trying to troubleshoot what the hangup could be. I guess I could try cold booting next.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Colif

Win 11 Master
One of the latest Cumulative updates for win 10 1903 fixes an error some people have with Start menu so try updating windows... if you get enough CU you will be offered the feature update for 1909 which came out this week. I got it this morning. 1909 is a bug fixing update so might help. unlike previous version updates, this only fixes errors, doesn't (supposedly) add any new ones of its own.

I came in to suggest a clean install as if you were still trying after almost 90 days I would have given up as well :)

Last edited: