[SOLVED] Windows 10 pro usb not bootable.

darrenbeese

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018
Hi, I bought a windows 10 pro USB with product key off a well known auction site and when I tried installing windows onto a new ssd the USB was not recognized in the bios, my bios is all set up properly as other USB drives show up as bootable when connected, is there a way I can make this USB bootable without losing the data on it or would it be ok to format the USB and download a fresh windows 10 pro onto it and make it bootable?
Any help is very much appreciated
Thank you.

Solution
Link to the auction site from which you purchased the USB drive with the key from? You could've just purchased the key and got the installer from Microsoft using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Regardless, you can recreate the bootable installer using above mention Creation Tools app.

Lutfij

Titan
Link to the auction site from which you purchased the USB drive with the key from? You could've just purchased the key and got the installer from Microsoft using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Regardless, you can recreate the bootable installer using above mention Creation Tools app.

Solution

darrenbeese

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018

hi, yes I know but I didn't have a USB drive to put it on so I thought for the price it was £14 for a USB with windows 10 and the product key wasn't bad but since it's not working I've sent it back and bought a USB drive from a PC shop and I'll download windows myself and just get a product key cheap like you said I should have done this in the beginning lol nevermind we live and learn.

TRENDING THREADS