Windows 10 problem (cant open anything)

shadowking1711

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
I updated my windows 10 and after the install i could not open anything like skype,steam,chrome ,ext

I tried the cskdsk
i tried the sfc /scannow
i tried rolling back the update but the problem carried over :(
any help would be great thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do they show up in task manager as running or just won't run? can you even access it? it should show up in the menu that appears if you hit Ctrl Alt Del. Try restarting explorer.exe and see if programs appear

right click start button
choose command prompt (Admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

that will scan system and fix anything it can. If this produces errors it cannot fix, let me know.

try making a new user and see if it happens to them as well.

You might want to try a reset, wonder which version you would end up with. Can you access settings?

Can you open explorer and see folders? you might want to backup anything you don't want to lose. If explorer doesn't work, you can try this method: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

if literally nothing works on desktop, you might want to download the win 10 media creation tool and use it to make a Win 10 installer on USB or DVD (obviously using a different PC) - get it Here

change boot order so USB or DVD is first, hdd is second
boot from installer
on screen after language choices, choose repair this pc, not install
choose reset this pc
two choices - can keep files and settings, or wipe it all. I would choose first just to keep logons and documents folders. either way you need to reinstall all your programs again.
either choice, win 10 will restart and reinstall itself.

shadowking1711

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015

I have tried most of the things before hand sfc didnt find anything and i did try rolling back but this problem carried over