Windows 10 problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyzeth555

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday, and at first, everything was fine, but when I play league of legends, randomly, my computer just says "input not supported" or "no signal" or sometimes nothing at all, and then shuts down. This never happened before I upgraded to Windows 10. I went back to Windows 8.1, but it still shuts down in the middle of league games. Again, never happened before going to Windows 10. Is it my GPU? or CPU? or PSU? help??

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
Storage: Intel 530 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card
PSU: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Also, the SSD is my boot drive and has league on it, it has only about 35GB out of 240GB left.

Solution
Do a clean installation of either windows 8.1 or windows 10. Backup your files before you reinstall.

After that download the latest drivers for your OS.

bytemaster

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
The "input not supported" or "no signal" are messages created by your monitor when it can't understand or does not see the signal coming from your computer.

It sounds like it could be a driver problem or a game problem - but more likely is a hardware problem and it just timed with Windows 10 installation. What is most likely happening is you are getting a blue screen and quickly rebooting. It happens so fast you never actually see it - you just see the monitor trying to adjust to the change of signal.

Check your system logs to get a better idea of what is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.