windows 10 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickyNicky

Honorable
May 23, 2013
why does my PC keep turning on after going to sleep? it will sleep for like 30 Seconds and then turn back on... ive tried turning off the wake feature and stuff. i Can't see, to figure it out!

dude7691

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
I just gave up with 10 and went back to 8.1. 8.1 has far fewer bugs and glitches in my opinion. For instance, a family member upgraded today and the Edge Browser wouldn't work for more than 10 seconds before freezing and google took 15 mins to load. Just get a start menu addon for Win 8.1 and you will not even notice the difference. Windows 10 is a step backwards in my opinion.

Windows 10's issues right now are actually mostly not it's fault. It's primarily brand new drivers that have been made for windows 10 from other manufacturers. It takes time before good drivers start getting created.

As for the sleep problem, make sure in your BIOS that your GPU or Ethernet isn't allowed to turn the PC on. Also turn off Intel Smart Connect Technology.

Mine kept doing this (AMD system listed below)

I had to go to device manager and disable the power management settings for my keyboard and mouse. Idk why, keyboard wasn't being pressed or mouse moved, but this fixed it completely.

Also turned off the power management settings for the built-in LAN card before the mouse/keyboard, but that one was to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.