Windows 10 random BSODs after creators update

VicVega1

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
Hi, everybody!
I'm having some random BSODs on Windows 10 after the last update (creators - got it on 14.06). As far as I know all the hardware is ok and drivers are up to date. I'm not sure, but I believe BSODs only occur when there's some audio/video playback going on (youtube, local clips, editing software).
To add a little bit of context - I had to RMA my graphics card and was using integrated graphics for a couple of days. I just pulled it out, plugged the DVI cable to the mobo and that's when it started. I then uninstalled Nvidia drivers, thinking that it was the cause, but this didn't help. Got my new card now, fresh drivers - same thing.
I'm pasting a screenshot from Bluescreenviewer with the dmp files. I actually thought there would be more of them, maybe because it's so annoying...

Oh! And one more thing. I don't know if this is related, but my C: drive icon is screwed up like this:

I don't know what to make of this, maybe it's just a bad upgrade install, but hopefully someone can recognize the problem..

Solution
Go to mobo website and update any and all mobo drivers to absolute latest versions. CE has had problems with date codes, especially with LAN, audio and older nvidia drivers being replaced by windows generic.

Colif

Win 11 Master
shame blue screen view print out doesn't show dates,

cfosspeed6.sys is an internet accelerator, might be tied into software available from ASUS, GIGABYTE, ASRock and MSI, so probably part of a suite of tools you have installed from motherboard

igdkmd64 = integrate graphics drivers from intel
dxgmms2.sys = Direct X. Generally these are caused by Graphics drivers

to solve both of these, try this: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html and remove traces of Intel drivers from system. And any other drivers that might still be there.

nsiproxy.sys is part of windows, not entirely sure what it does as its not a name I see all the time.
ntoskrnl = windows kernel. It sits between programs and hardware

VicVega1

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
Thanks for your reply Colif
Here's a print out with dates (didn't think they were important)

I already did a clean install of graphics drivers, but I'll give it one more shot.
the cfosspeed6.sys is in fact part of an app called TurboLAN from Asus - didn't cause any problems before the update though. I'll update it or just get rid of it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Asus applications are known causes of BSOD so remove them and see if it helps.
Dates just help see the order errors appeared in, and if any happened at same times. I wasn't sure if the DX error happened on same day as the nsiproxy.sys one. but they might be from when your other card died.

If you keep getting bsod, can you look in c/windows/minidump after looking at Blue Screen View, as that is where it puts the dumps it uses to create that report. Can you upload the minidumps to a file sharing site and I will see if someone will read them for us.

VicVega1

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
Will do. Thanks for your help so far.
Just to clarify - my previous graphics card didn't die - it just had a abnormally loud fan. Other than that it wasn't causing any problems. First BSOD occurred when I first switched to integrated graphics 19.06 - that would match with what you're saying.
Those others on the other hand must have something to do with the creators update, since I didn't have a single BSOD before (except for bad overclocks).
I kicked the TurboLAN out for now and updated audio drivers just in case. so now we'll see what happens.
Thanks again!

jxy1989

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
I'm having similar issues, mine are all "UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP" BSOD. I've had 6 BSODs today alone. Hopefully someone here can figure this out.

Colif

Win 11 Master

I would suggest starting a new thread about your errors, show us specs of PC and follow next step so we have something to work with

Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

jxy1989

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

I have done, it's here. I'll sort the minidump out later. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3487336/bthport-sys-causing-unexpected-kernal-mode-trap-bsod.html

VicVega1

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

That's what was the problem in my case. It might have looked like it was TurboLAN software, but after I did updates to the audio codec, LAN controller and some other crap, BSODs stopped and I still can use TurboLAN.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Cool. CE has been wierd about those older drivers for LAN and audio. It was bad enough that MSI released new versions of them for my Z77 mobo, that hasn't seen any support since the last bios update in October of 2013. I had almost the same issue as you, and update cured it. Something so simple, yet ppl overlooked it, since the drivers have been working just fine for years, already working for XP, 7,10 and now needs update to fix update, that was made to fix updates?

Glad it's working out :D