Windows 10 random crashes every few hours no BSOD

iKoala_

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
Sometimes I would be gaming or have my computer idle or just surfing the web and it will crash with no BSOD and then it would just immediately boot back up.

My computer specs are:
CPU: i5 4460
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SSC 4GB
RAM: 8GB of Avexir Core series RAM.
PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650Watt
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

I need help fixing this and locating the problem.

iKoala_

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
I built my computer in August of 2015 and I didn't have problems before. Awhile ago all my windows apps weren't working but I just restored my computer to a previous update. This problem started about a week or two ago so I don't know why this is happening. Could be a Windows 10 update?

run malware and hitman pro make sure there no virus. if you did a clean install of windows make sure you installed the newest intel chipset drivers and mei drivers. also check that the bios is up to date and the ram is set to xmp mode. also download hardware info 64 bit set it to sensor and logging make sure your power supply rails are holding. also look into the windows error logging make sure it not a program like anti virus that set to shut down the pc after a scan. most anti virus will run whe nyour not doing anything.

iKoala_

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
The anti virus part at the end is impossible because the PC just randomly just turns off no warning or anything just turns off and turns back on in a few seconds. How do I make sure my power supply rails are holding?