Windows 10 Random Error Crashing (Frowny Face Errors)

nick8876

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
Hey guys,

I love windows 10 but I swear I have had more crashes and errors with it than I did with windows 7. There the "frowny face" errors that cause the computer to restart. I've had at least 5, although they happen so fast I can never figure out what the error code is, although the last time it did this I was able to see what it was, and it was a memory related error. Ran a memory check, both sticks checked out fine.

These are the components I am currently running with:
AMD FX-8350@4GHZ(212 EVO Cooler+Formula 7 TP)
Gigabyte GA-970 UD3P AM3+ Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR3 @1600MHZ
Crucial MX200 500GB SSD (This is the Windows Boot Device)
WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD (I have a system backup here)
Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB GDDR5
EVGA 600B 600w PSU
Windows 10 64 bit

Everything is at stock speeds. No overclocking on anything. Also, I did a clean install of windows 10 from a USB stick to move the OS over to the SSD.

I have my money on the fact that this may be a driver problem, as there are no official windows 10 drivers for my motherboard, so I've been using windows 8 drivers. That and I had no crashing issues while using windows 7 previously, so I doubt it's a hardware problem, though that doesn't completely rule that out.

Any thoughts or suggestions, or has anyone else experienced this problem? I really want to continue to use Win10, but if this problem persits, I'll probably switch back to windows 7 when I can. I'm sick of it crashing every time I'm in a gaming session.

On my Toshiba laptop which I brought 08-2011 I upgraded to Windows 10 and I didn't have drivers for the Blue Tooth device. Its been running fine now for 2 months with no errors.

My friend has a new ASRock Extreme6, i7-4790k, 2 * NVidia GTX 770's an SSD and HDD and he is having random stability issues, he thinks its related to the graphics SLI driver though.

nick8876

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
It may just be that Windows 10 is still relatively new, and I may just have stability issues as well like your friend is having. I just wish I could pinpoint where they were though.....

Max456

Reputable
Nov 17, 2015

Iam facing the same problem, I have clean install Windows 10 several times , but it won't stop. I have updated all my drivers and run a hardware stability test for three hours without a crash , but then it randomly crashes BOSD while installing a game or using the internet

nick8876

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
It's been a while since I posted here but I've used my desktop extensively and it hasn't crashed at all. I guess it's just stability issues. Windows 10 is a new OS after all.