alan.bornemann

Honorable
Jan 5, 2018
This will usually happen when I'm playing FFXIV, though it has happened with other games, and once when I was playing no games at all. I'll be playing my game, when suddenly the screen goes black, and windows just starts up again. The only event on the event viewer I can consistently tie to these black restarts is Event ID 41, Task Category (63), Source Kernel Power. I feel like I've tried everything. I brought it to two different well-reviewed repair shops, who both tested my hardware and found no issue. I've run tests myself checking the cpu, gpu, and ram and found no issue. I've checked my cpu and gpu temps, both are normal. I've done multiple virus scans that found nothing. I'm not overclocking and use the Geforce recommended settings for my games. I've had a shutdown where I KNOW every Windows update and MSI Live Update was completed before the auto restart happened. I bought a new Windows 10 disk to reinstall windows on my main drive only for another shutdown and startup to happen a week later. I've even replaced my mobo, gpu, ram, and hard drives regardless of the tests in the meantime to no avail. If anyone can possibly figure out the issue, please let me know. Here is my part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Chryso/saved/#view=qBfhkL

Solution
This will usually happen when I'm playing FFXIV, though it has happened with other games, and once when I was playing no games at all. I'll be playing my game, when suddenly the screen goes black, and windows just starts up again. The only event on the event viewer I can consistently tie to these black restarts is Event ID 41, Task Category (63), Source Kernel Power. I feel like I've tried everything. I brought it to two different well-reviewed repair shops, who both tested my hardware and found no issue. I've run tests myself checking the cpu, gpu, and ram and found no issue. I've checked my cpu and gpu temps, both are normal. I've done multiple virus scans that found nothing. I'm not overclocking and use the Geforce recommended...

Tiago Arlan

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
If it's BSOD,use Blue Screen Viewer to check the culprit.
If it randomly shuts down,check temperature,probably over heating.
If you are in a game/movie playing and PC restarts with BSOD,try to downgrade your GPU Driver.There are GPU Driver updates that causes BSOD.

alan.bornemann

Honorable
Jan 5, 2018
If it's BSOD,use Blue Screen Viewer to check the culprit.
If it randomly shuts down,check temperature,probably over heating.
If you are in a game/movie playing and PC restarts with BSOD,try to downgrade your GPU Driver.There are GPU Driver updates that causes BSOD.
There is no BSOD. The screen just goes black for a second, then windows starts up again like as if I just started my PC, except it's doing it on its own. I've checked CPU and GPU temps multiple times, CPU is usually around 30C, GPU is usually around 50C, I've used compressed air to get out what dust I can. The shutdown and restart does happen in a similar way to what I'd expect from an overheating issue, yet I have found zero evidence of overheating.

Tiago Arlan

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
There is no BSOD. The screen just goes black for a second, then windows starts up again like as if I just started my PC, except it's doing it on its own. I've checked CPU and GPU temps multiple times, CPU is usually around 30C, GPU is usually around 50C, I've used compressed air to get out what dust I can. The shutdown and restart does happen in a similar way to what I'd expect from an overheating issue, yet I have found zero evidence of overheating.
try to downgrade your GPU Driver. Preferred is the driver from DVD Installer when Graphics Card was bought.

frederickalliston

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 12, 2020
This will usually happen when I'm playing FFXIV, though it has happened with other games, and once when I was playing no games at all. I'll be playing my game, when suddenly the screen goes black, and windows just starts up again. The only event on the event viewer I can consistently tie to these black restarts is Event ID 41, Task Category (63), Source Kernel Power. I feel like I've tried everything. I brought it to two different well-reviewed repair shops, who both tested my hardware and found no issue. I've run tests myself checking the cpu, gpu, and ram and found no issue. I've checked my cpu and gpu temps, both are normal. I've done multiple virus scans that found nothing. I'm not overclocking and use the Geforce recommended settings for my games. I've had a shutdown where I KNOW every Windows update and MSI Live Update was completed before the auto restart happened. I bought a new Windows 10 disk to reinstall windows on my main drive only for another shutdown and startup to happen a week later. I've even replaced my mobo, gpu, ram, and hard drives regardless of the tests in the meantime to no avail. If anyone can possibly figure out the issue, please let me know. Here is my part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Chryso/saved/#view=qBfhkL

To begin with, we will single out two categories, from which we should start:
  • apt errors;
  • program malfunction.

The first category is divided into several basic sub-stations:
  • power supply;
  • wear and tear of the equipment;
  • overheating heating;
  • free selection of iron;
  • the coolness provided when collecting PC;

What is included in the program part, then and there is not all that is simple:
  • Conflict drivers or lack of digital signature on them;
  • troublesome update;
  • unlicensed version of Windows;
  • its own file system;
  • wear of a hard disk (the first reason is adaptable, but the program can be used to achieve it);
  • Poor manipulations with peestrum and BIOЅ;
  • viral activity;
  • the consequences of the disperse;
  • incompatibility with your version of Windows.

Solution