Question Windows 10 randomly freezing ?

Oct 21, 2022
1
0
10
Hello there, this will probably be quite a long post and really hope someone will be able to help me with this problem that has been plaguing me for a few months now.
So around a year ago I bought an Alienware R12 gaming PC from Dell (not a great start, I know), I was upgrading and replacing my entire PC setup at the time as I had money saved up. Over the next few months, I installed 2x8GB of RAM on top of the 2 X 8GB RAM that the PC came with, additionally I also installed a couple of SSD drives as well as an M.2 NVME SSD.
PC Original and Current Specs
View: https://imgur.com/a/8NHKyO1

I am not really sure if the images I uploaded are sufficient or detailed enough but I will gladly provide as much information as required throughout this troubleshooting process.
With the PC specs out of the way, let me continue on with my freezing issue.
So everything was running smoothly up until around a few months ago (May'22 or June '22) when my PC would start freezing randomly. The PC would just freeze up and all my peripherals would not respond (mice, keyboard, for my speaker though, if a freeze occurs whilst watching a video or listening to music the speakers would emit glitched out noises). The random freezing occurs 90% of time whilst I was using the PC to just browse the internet or whilst watching YouTube videos, the other 10% of the time was as I can remember were times I was using CAD software (for uni) and even when using an estimating software (iTWO CostX, also for uni) even when writing reports/assignments on Microsoft Word. Also, I have never encountered a freeze whilst playing games. Furthermore, the freezes would occur randomly like from a few hours in between until I had just forced rebooted it a minute before due to freezing (so like two freezes in a row).
Of course I instantly turned to Reddit and various PC forums (Tom's Hardware, LTT forum, Dell's forum, ETC.) . I tried most of the methods that I was comfortable with performing myself such as the various Windows scans and nothing came up, I also updated and reinstalled drivers also nothing, I had also checked event viewer and only this would appear : View: https://imgur.com/a/WsVbbhh
(I finally decided to post this right now because it finally happened three times in a row in a span of 5 minutes) My current time of writing this sentence on this post compared to the Event Viewer log is 21/10/2022 5:10pm AEDT.
After my initial self-troubleshooting, at some point in the last couple of months the PC freezing would occur maybe Once every 1-2 days the even at one point i made it to 3-4 days without freezing (I mean days as in I turn on my computer when I wake up to use it in the morning/afternoons and turn it off before I go to sleep at night or early mornings after gaming or rushing assignments).
However, what made me want to write my own post is because, whenever my pc used to freeze up and I was forced to reboot it by holding the power button on my case, the blue Windows popup screen that states that Windows did not shut down correct and asks me would I like to troubleshoot or start Windows anyway would appear, BUT, since a few days ago when freezes would occur and I do the same hold-down-power-button to reboot, the blue Windows screen would not and Windows just boots up normally (I don't know if I need to more terrified or what to feel), then just an hour ago my PC froze three times in a row (like i would be watching a video and it would freeze, reboot, sign in, got windows loaded, continue watching my video, 1 min in it freezes again, reboot, sign in, got windows loaded, continue with video, 1 min in it freezes, reboot, sign in, start writing this post.
Lastly, I would like to post this as quick as possible as I am terrified it would freeze at anytime, so far so good. it is currently 5:22 pm, nearly an hour an a half from my last freeze.
I would happily provide any more information if needed. I hope someone would be able to help me!

P.S. This was originally posted on Reddit earlier today, however, I'd like to reach out to multiple forums just in case, currently as I am typing this sentence it is 6:08PM 21/10/2022, and my PC has not freezed yet.

Thanks,
S
 

ubuysa

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
477
81
18,790
Is the new RAM you installed exactly the same as the existing RAM in all respects? Could you download and install CPUZ from here please. Then run CPUZ, click the down-arrow next to the Tools button at the bottom, and select "Save Report as .txt". Choose any filename you like and then upload that file here please.

It would be useful to see the full System and Application logs by exporting them and uploading them here. To do that please do the following...

1. Enter the command eventvwr into the Run command box. The Event Viewer will open.

2. Locate the Windows Logs folder in the left hand pane and expand it by clicking on the arrow (>) to the left of it.

3. Right-click on the Application entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'Application' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).

4. Right-click on the System entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'System' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).

5. Zip the Application.evtx and System.evtx files together and upload the zip file here.
 
Hello there, this will probably be quite a long post and really hope someone will be able to help me with this problem that has been plaguing me for a few months now.
So around a year ago I bought an Alienware R12 gaming PC from Dell (not a great start, I know), I was upgrading and replacing my entire PC setup at the time as I had money saved up. Over the next few months, I installed 2x8GB of RAM on top of the 2 X 8GB RAM that the PC came with, additionally I also installed a couple of SSD drives as well as an M.2 NVME SSD.
PC Original and Current Specs
View: https://imgur.com/a/8NHKyO1

I am not really sure if the images I uploaded are sufficient or detailed enough but I will gladly provide as much information as required throughout this troubleshooting process.
With the PC specs out of the way, let me continue on with my freezing issue.
So everything was running smoothly up until around a few months ago (May'22 or June '22) when my PC would start freezing randomly. The PC would just freeze up and all my peripherals would not respond (mice, keyboard, for my speaker though, if a freeze occurs whilst watching a video or listening to music the speakers would emit glitched out noises). The random freezing occurs 90% of time whilst I was using the PC to just browse the internet or whilst watching YouTube videos, the other 10% of the time was as I can remember were times I was using CAD software (for uni) and even when using an estimating software (iTWO CostX, also for uni) even when writing reports/assignments on Microsoft Word. Also, I have never encountered a freeze whilst playing games. Furthermore, the freezes would occur randomly like from a few hours in between until I had just forced rebooted it a minute before due to freezing (so like two freezes in a row).
Of course I instantly turned to Reddit and various PC forums (Tom's Hardware, LTT forum, Dell's forum, ETC.) . I tried most of the methods that I was comfortable with performing myself such as the various Windows scans and nothing came up, I also updated and reinstalled drivers also nothing, I had also checked event viewer and only this would appear : View: https://imgur.com/a/WsVbbhh
(I finally decided to post this right now because it finally happened three times in a row in a span of 5 minutes) My current time of writing this sentence on this post compared to the Event Viewer log is 21/10/2022 5:10pm AEDT.
After my initial self-troubleshooting, at some point in the last couple of months the PC freezing would occur maybe Once every 1-2 days the even at one point i made it to 3-4 days without freezing (I mean days as in I turn on my computer when I wake up to use it in the morning/afternoons and turn it off before I go to sleep at night or early mornings after gaming or rushing assignments).
However, what made me want to write my own post is because, whenever my pc used to freeze up and I was forced to reboot it by holding the power button on my case, the blue Windows popup screen that states that Windows did not shut down correct and asks me would I like to troubleshoot or start Windows anyway would appear, BUT, since a few days ago when freezes would occur and I do the same hold-down-power-button to reboot, the blue Windows screen would not and Windows just boots up normally (I don't know if I need to more terrified or what to feel), then just an hour ago my PC froze three times in a row (like i would be watching a video and it would freeze, reboot, sign in, got windows loaded, continue watching my video, 1 min in it freezes again, reboot, sign in, got windows loaded, continue with video, 1 min in it freezes, reboot, sign in, start writing this post.
Lastly, I would like to post this as quick as possible as I am terrified it would freeze at anytime, so far so good. it is currently 5:22 pm, nearly an hour an a half from my last freeze.
I would happily provide any more information if needed. I hope someone would be able to help me!

P.S. This was originally posted on Reddit earlier today, however, I'd like to reach out to multiple forums just in case, currently as I am typing this sentence it is 6:08PM 21/10/2022, and my PC has not freezed yet.

Thanks,
S
Proper bios and mobo drivers?

Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run......no errors allowed.