Windows 10 re-downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolGamerFrost

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2014
I just spent 4 hours waiting for windows 10 to download to find it got stuck on preparing for installation, so i closed it and opened it again and it is re-downloading windows 10 what do i do because i am now fuming i wasted 4 hours to find i need to wait another 4 hours for it even though the files are downloaded on my pc

gangrel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2012
Be happy you're early in the queue. I don't think this is going to be a quick process; it will take, IMO, a couple of weeks for everyone to get it.

And you're going to be notified, as I understand it, when it's done, so check periodically, perhaps, for something hanging up...but just sitting there with breathless anticipation does no one any good.

Welcome to being a beta tester. You now get to save the rest of us a lot of future headaches by reporting the bugs that clearly still exist in Windows 10 to Microsoft, so that they can attempt to fix them before the rest of us get to do what you are doing for us today.

There has NEVER been a version of Windows that was done on the date they said it would be done. Windows 10 is no different. It might be approaching a "done" state in 6 to 12 months. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.