Windows 10 reactivation after tying different HDD/Win Version to same PC?

CalTech

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
This might be a little more complex than the title suggests.

My partner and I have almost identical computers with the only differences being the hard drives, GPU, PSU and Windows Versions. I have Windows 10 on my machine installed (upgraded for free) while he still has Windows 7 installed on his.
Now it seems like that a certain part of his computer has broken, as the comuter wont boot anymore - so I took the hard drives out of my computer and put his hard drive into mine so he can continue using a computer with his stuff until we manage to fix/replace the problem in his computer.

The problem is that Windows comes up with it's pathetic reactivation thing because his hard drive was moved into my PC (despite them being almost identical).

My question now is:
If he reactivates Windows 7 on my hardware using his own HDD (for the time being only) will I have to reactive my Windows 10 as well if I move my HDD back into my own PC (it's just been removed and laying in a shelf right now)?

Solution
"will I have to reactivate my windows 10 if I put my own HHD back into my PC"
"would his Win 7 reactivation affect my hardware in any way to the point that it would affect my Win 10 activation"
No

"Also it doesnt make too much sense that it needs reactivating because we have exactly the same motherboard and CPU."
I don't know all of the information used by microsoft claims it creates a unique identifier for each PC/installation but in any case I'm pretty certain you won't have any issues.
The problem is that Windows comes up with it's pathetic reactivation thing because his hard drive was moved into my PC (despite them being almost identical).
The hard drive doesn't matter. It looks at the motherboard CPU and other components to create a unique computer fingerprint.

"will I have to reactive my Windows 10 as well if I move my HDD back into my own PC (it's just been removed and laying in a shelf right now)?"
It may see the correct hardware for the current activation and not reactivate unless you DID activate it on his computer.

CalTech

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
@dark_lord69
I dont think you quite get what I mean. I took my HDD out of my PC and put it away, I did not put it into another computer or anything. Just disconnected from my system for the time being.
The question is if I let him reactive his Windows 7 on my hardware (while his PC is broken) will I have to reactivate my windows 10 if I put my own HHD back into my PC (once his HDDs are removed again)?
So basically, would his Win 7 reactivation affect my hardware in any way to the point that it would affect my Win 10 activation on my HDD if I reconnect it or will it not be affected because my HDD/Win 10 will just recognise my PC as it was before I took my drive out?

Also it doesnt make too much sense that it needs reactivating because we have exactly the same motherboard and CPU.

"will I have to reactivate my windows 10 if I put my own HHD back into my PC"
"would his Win 7 reactivation affect my hardware in any way to the point that it would affect my Win 10 activation"
No

"Also it doesnt make too much sense that it needs reactivating because we have exactly the same motherboard and CPU."
I don't know all of the information used by microsoft claims it creates a unique identifier for each PC/installation but in any case I'm pretty certain you won't have any issues.

Solution