Windows 10 Realtech Audio not working, please help fix?

submordekai

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
So I have searched high and low to solve this problem and nothing seems to be getting it done. I have an Asus mother board and when I was on Windows 8.1 my audio worked just fine. As soon as I made the switch it stopped working. I went to Device manager and it has an exclamation point with a caution sign on my audio drive but as soon as I try to update it, it tells me that it is up to date. Anyone else having this issue? Losing sound and going crazy trying to fix it? And if it matter, I did build my computer

Solution
I just posted this in another thread.

I had the same problem, and same problem in windows 7. Double click the Realtek HD Audio Manager icon in the tray. Under speakers, click the folder in the upper right corner, then check disable front panel jack detection. This fixed my problem. Apparently it thinks I have headphones plugged in all the time.

Also under device advance settings, there is a button "mute the rear output device, when front headphone plugged in". You could try changing this if the above isn't the problem or a workable solution.

Hope this helps.

Edit - warning that my default volume was set to 100% so if I hadn't turned it down before the speakers started working it would have blasted me out of my chair and probably...

submordekai

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
yep, several times. Ive tried the disc I got with my motherboard, the online drivers, even the 32bit drivers. Nothing has worked. it really irks me beyond belief. I had absolutely no issues before switching over and now it doesnt want to work. I love the OS just hate that this has happened. It renders my desktop practically useless

Dvx67

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
I just posted this in another thread.

I had the same problem, and same problem in windows 7. Double click the Realtek HD Audio Manager icon in the tray. Under speakers, click the folder in the upper right corner, then check disable front panel jack detection. This fixed my problem. Apparently it thinks I have headphones plugged in all the time.

Also under device advance settings, there is a button "mute the rear output device, when front headphone plugged in". You could try changing this if the above isn't the problem or a workable solution.

Hope this helps.

Edit - warning that my default volume was set to 100% so if I hadn't turned it down before the speakers started working it would have blasted me out of my chair and probably blown them.

Solution

DenimTicken

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015

Oh my redacted god dude thank you so much. I was fiddling with it for 8+ hours, and this is the only thing that worked. I feel like such a idiot now.

Mod edit: Language

Parkersspace

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
Thank you so much that did not quite work for me but when I found the Realtek HD Audio center ( it didn't show since going to win 10 and i was using the control center). I saw the note for the Speaker Fill after trying disabling the front jack and it not working. Speaker converts 2.0 sources to work on 5.1 surround sound which is the actual issue according to other win 10 5.1 issues I've read that a 2.0 source won't upmix in win10. Well I clicked the Speaker Fill button shown on your diagram and all works. I also enabled the SWAP center which i found added to the sub woofer sound and Enable Bass Management seemed to spread the bass more evenly through the 5 speaker set up. Anyhow something for others to try... so happy it works again thank you for the start that lead to my solution.

TRENDING THREADS